Ask your questions here ...

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
robiephpbbuser
Site Admin

Ask your questions here ...

Post by robiephpbbuser »

This is the place to ask questions about the forum or about our policies.
Mike Baber

Re: Ask your questions here ...

Post by Mike Baber »

Rather than moderating every post, could you appoint moderators who have the time to moderate the forum? Also, is there a violation flag to report a post? Both of these would enable you to allow members to post without having to moderate their comment first. Just a thought. It seems we're all mature adults here. ;)
David McKay

Post by David McKay »

What is the best way of inputting Greek for posting in B-Greek, please?

I blush to admit that I prefer something I can copy and paste, but am also interested in the easiest way to input Greek which will be formatted properly, using online resources.
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

MundusDigitalis wrote:Rather than moderating every post, could you appoint moderators who have the time to moderate the forum? Also, is there a violation flag to report a post? Both of these would enable you to allow members to post without having to moderate their comment first. Just a thought. It seems we're all mature adults here. ;)
We wait until we see 1-2 posts from a person before we allow their posts to show up without moderation. We do this to avoid spam to the list.

You are now a normal user. I also took the liberty of changing your user name to "Mike Baber" - your password is unchanged.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
jonathan.borland

Post by jonathan.borland »

Thanks so much for the new forum. Beautiful format!

Jonathan C. Borland
Wieland Willker

Post by Wieland Willker »

Hi, great to see the forum running!

I notice very often at the top of the forum page the following two lines appear:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 18: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 20: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
This happens in IE and also in Firefox.
Best wishes
Wieland
<><
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

wie wrote:Hi, great to see the forum running!

I notice very often at the top of the forum page the following two lines appear:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 18: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 20: include() [function.include]: Unable to allocate memory for pool.
This happens in IE and also in Firefox.
See if the error goes away if you use this URL to access the forum:

http://www-test.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/

This is happening to me too. I believe it involves a memory setting that limits PHP's use of memory. I don't have shell access to be able to set this myself, I'll open up a ticket and see if I can get it resolved in a day or two.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
David McKay

Improvement or Complicater?

Post by David McKay »

This new forum looks good, but it makes it harder to read the posts, because you have to go into every folder to see what is being said, instead of receiving the lot in emails.

I'm wondering how many of us will be motivated to do this, and how many will, like me, miss a lot, because it is more work.

Or am I missing something, or the only lazy person?
Jonathan Robie

Re: Improvement or Complicater?

Post by Jonathan Robie »

David McKay wrote:This new forum looks good, but it makes it harder to read the posts, because you have to go into every folder to see what is being said, instead of receiving the lot in emails.

I'm wondering how many of us will be motivated to do this, and how many will, like me, miss a lot, because it is more work.

Or am I missing something, or the only lazy person?
At the top of your page you should see this:

Code: Select all

View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics
Click on "View new posts" or "View active topics". Also, BGreek is available as an RSS feed.
David McKay

Post by David McKay »

Thanks Jonathan!
David

Return to “Questions”