Ask your questions here ...

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Ask your questions here ...

Post by Jonathan Robie »

<control><+> increases the font size for Chrome.

I have a hard time getting the font size to be ideal for all browsers on all operating systems.

You can change the size of a font using BBCode - try quoting my post to see the relevent code.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Paul-Nitz

Post by Paul-Nitz »

I didn't know the Chrome tip. That helps. I know how to change font size, but what about changing the font type. Is it possible in a post to switch to Palatino or something else?
Paul D. Nitz - Lilongwe Malawi
Jonathan Robie

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Paul-Nitz wrote:I didn't know the Chrome tip. That helps. I know how to change font size, but what about changing the font type. Is it possible in a post to switch to Palatino or something else?
No, that's not possible, and I worry about making it possible, because most people won't test their fonts on all browsers before picking one, they are likely to pick a font that looks good on their particular system, it might not display at all on another system.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Hal Smith

Post by Hal Smith »

(1) I think that new users have to get their posts approved maybe 10 times before they can post a thread automatically or have their threads approved automatically? Some forums do that.

(2) I want to ask questions about 4 Esdras and other OT Pseudigraphia, but I don't know what section to put it in. The questions are a mix of textual criticism and general philosophizing. The LXX section isn't for text criticism, but I think that it would be on-topic otherwise. Maybe it's better for the "Other", "Cool stuff" section, or "History, Culture, and Background" subsection under the Books section?
Hal Smith
Hal Smith

Post by Hal Smith »

Some forums (I think the Biblical Hebrew one) requires that each post be signed with one's real first name and real last name, or that this applies to their usernames. Is that true for this forum too? Should I make my username my real name?
Hal Smith
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

rakovsky wrote: January 17th, 2019, 10:31 pm Some forums (I think the Biblical Hebrew one) requires that each post be signed with one's real first name and real last name, or that this applies to their usernames. Is that true for this forum too? Should I make my username my real name?
Yes, just notify a moderator, and we'll take care of it.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Hal Smith

Post by Hal Smith »

Barry Hofstetter wrote: January 18th, 2019, 8:55 am Yes, just notify a moderator, and we'll take care of it.
Thanks for replying! Can you please change my username to my real name, then?
(I tried to PM you, but my PM ability is not yet turned on.)
Hal Smith
Barry Hofstetter

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

rakovsky wrote: January 18th, 2019, 12:17 pm
Barry Hofstetter wrote: January 18th, 2019, 8:55 am Yes, just notify a moderator, and we'll take care of it.
Thanks for replying! Can you please change my username to my real name, then?
(I tried to PM you, but my PM ability is not yet turned on.)
Sure, but I need to know your real name.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.
Hal Smith

Post by Hal Smith »

Hal Smith
Hal Smith
Ken M. Penner

Post by Ken M. Penner »

Hal Smith wrote: January 17th, 2019, 10:26 pm (2) I want to ask questions about 4 Esdras and other OT Pseudigraphia, but I don't know what section to put it in. The questions are a mix of textual criticism and general philosophizing. The LXX section isn't for text criticism, but I think that it would be on-topic otherwise. Maybe it's better for the "Other", "Cool stuff" section, or "History, Culture, and Background" subsection under the Books section?
I''m open to textual questions in the Septuagint and Pseudepigrapha forum http://ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/viewforum.php?f=7
I don't think any part of B-Greek is meant for general philosophizing.
Ken M. Penner
Professor and Chair of Religious Studies, St. Francis Xavier University
Co-Editor, Digital Biblical Studies
General Editor, Lexham English Septuagint
Co-Editor, Online Critical Pseudepigrapha pseudepigrapha.org

Return to “Questions”