Old Posts

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
Jonathan Robie

Re: Old Posts

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Alan Patterson wrote:It just seems like it might be easier to navigate around these Board Index/Category/Topic/Posts if only relatively recent posts are viewable. I am saying that perhaps after 3 to 6 months, if a post has not been updated in any way, that post could be put below in a tab called something like, In Here are Additional Posts of the above Topics in our Pre-Archived Section; that way, we can see what is going on in a glance.
If you go to an existing topic, say New Testament, you will see that posts are already sorted by "Post Time" by default. Look at the bottom of the page, you can also sort by Author, Replies, Subject, or Views, Ascending or Descending order, and you choose all posts, 1 Day, 7 Days, 2 Weeks, 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months, or 1 Year.

Carl has already pointed out the links at the top of the main page: View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics

Between the two of these, I suspect you might get what you need.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Jonathan Robie

Re: Old Posts

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Alan Patterson wrote:Here is a good example,

I went to Koine Greek Texts, then to New Testament. It would be rather difficult to run through the 1,938 posts just in that topic only. We really do need to come up with a better system. Remove mounds of clutter that can still be searched, and if someone so willed, they could still run down a list of 2,000 posts if they really saw a need to do so. Eventually, there will be 5,769 posts under New Testament. It is time now to start preparing, if you ask me. It is an extremely simple process, unless this program was not created such to allow for volume.
Are you looking for "Advanced Search", which you can see in the upper right hand corner? It lets you search in many ways; for instance, you can search a single forum or subforum, and you can pick "Limit results to previous" to tell it to limit results to the last day, week, 2 weeks, month, 3 months, 6 months, or year.

It's really better to do this via searching, instead of automatically restructuring the forum, because (1) someone else may have a link to an existing post, (2) someone else might prefer to search with a different set of criteria.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Questions”