Replying to a post

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
Patrick Maxwell

Replying to a post

Post by Patrick Maxwell »

This is a question about replying to someone's post (forgive me if I am dim).

I introduced myself in the Introductions section. Two people replied (Hofstetter and Jones) and welcomed me, and I want to reply to each of them. All I can see is POSTREPLY at the very top of the three posts, and POSTREPLY at the very bottom of the three posts. I am confused. Is the safest way to reply to one of them to click the QUOTE button inside the relevant post??

I tried this - I clicked the QUOTE button in Hofstetter's reply to me. A window opened up for me to type in. However, nowhere in this window is there any indication of the destination of my draft message; nowhere does it tell me that this is going to Hofstetter.

Apologies if the solution is as clear as daylight and I simply cannot see it.

Patrick
κατα μικρον, κατα ὀλιγον
Jonathan Robie

Re: Replying to a post

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Good question.

Threads are flat in phpBB, so it doesn't really matter which message in a thread you reply from unless you want to quote part of the original message.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Barry Hofstetter

Re: Replying to a post

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Patrick Maxwell wrote:This is a question about replying to someone's post (forgive me if I am dim).

I introduced myself in the Introductions section. Two people replied (Hofstetter and Jones) and welcomed me, and I want to reply to each of them. All I can see is POSTREPLY at the very top of the three posts, and POSTREPLY at the very bottom of the three posts. I am confused. Is the safest way to reply to one of them to click the QUOTE button inside the relevant post??

I tried this - I clicked the QUOTE button in Hofstetter's reply to me. A window opened up for me to type in. However, nowhere in this window is there any indication of the destination of my draft message; nowhere does it tell me that this is going to Hofstetter.

Apologies if the solution is as clear as daylight and I simply cannot see it.

Patrick
Patrick, if you click quote, and type below the quoted text, this is how it looks. The message goes into the same thread as response that everyone can read. If you click reply, you get the same thing but without the quoted text from the specific message to which you are replying. If you wish to send a private message, I beleive you either click the person's name or that there is as button by the name which you can click.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter, M.A., Th.M.
Ph.D. Student U of FL
Instructor of Latin
Jack M. Barrack Hebrew Academy
καὶ σὺ τὸ σὸν ποιήσεις κἀγὼ τὸ ἐμόν. ἆρον τὸ σὸν καὶ ὕπαγε.

Return to “Questions”