Searching the list and archives

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
ronsnider1

Searching the list and archives

Post by ronsnider1 »

The search engine does not seem to be too effective when looking for a particular verse, and I suspect that may be true for a number of reasons. However, it would be very advantageous if one could search by limiting the question to a particular NT book. For instance, I would like to search Romans since I am currently teaching it to answer linguistic, grammatical, textual and other questions without posting on every verse. Is this possible? For now, when I look for say Romans 3:9 I get so much stuff that is unrelated to the question or verse at hand that it is just counterproductive to search for it. The first ten results have nothing to do with Romans 3:9, and if one types in that search, you will see what I mean.

Perhaps there might be some standardization in posting, like using the full name of the book or standardized abbreviations when posting a question or comment on a particular verse. I do not know if this is possible, but it would make searching much easier.

Not sure if any of this is possible, but there has to be a lot of duplication of questions and answers for as long as this forum has been operating.

Thanks in advance for the consideration,

Ron Snider
Pastor-teacher,
Makarios Bible Church of Sarasota
Ron Snider
Pastor-teacher,
Makarios Bible Church of Sarasota
Stephen Carlson

Re: Searching the list and archives

Post by Stephen Carlson »

We used to have a better search option, but we lost it when we upgraded the forum software.
Stephen C. Carlson, Ph.D.
Melbourne, Australia
Paul-Nitz

Re: Searching the list and archives

Post by Paul-Nitz »

Use Google search with a site qualifier. In a Google search box, type

• site:ibiblio.org + [space] + [inquiry]

When looking for a particular passage, I also use quotations and type both full and abbreviated forms of the book, e.g.

• site:ibiblio.org "Romans 3:9" "Rom 3:9"

It looks like there was a discussion of Rom 3:9 back in October 2001
Paul D. Nitz - Lilongwe Malawi

Return to “Questions”