What effect does "Bump Topic" have?

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
Stephen Hughes

What effect does "Bump Topic" have?

Post by Stephen Hughes »

At the bottom of the page in some threads is a button marked "Bump Topic".

Pushing it for one of the introductions, has not resulted in a mushroom cloud of extinction-level-event proportions, so I'm wondering what it has done?
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)
Stephen Hughes

Pushing a topic to the top of the list

Post by Stephen Hughes »

It is a way that questions that have not been answered, but are still thought to be relevant can be brought back for reconsideration without re-posting.

It seems that the topic starter and the last poster can "bump topic" (push) a topic to the top of the view active posts list, perhaps 10 days after the last reply or last post. I was the last person to reply to that introduction, so I had the right to bump it. It seems that the privilege level of user doesn't determine whether a topic can be bumped, so administrators and monitors don't have a right to "bump topic".
Γελᾷ δ' ὁ μωρός, κἄν τι μὴ γέλοιον ᾖ
(Menander, Γνῶμαι μονόστιχοι 108)
Jonathan Robie

Re: Pushing a topic to the top of the list

Post by Jonathan Robie »

Stephen Hughes wrote:It is a way that questions that have not been answered, but are still thought to be relevant can be brought back for reconsideration without re-posting.

It seems that the topic starter and the last poster can "bump topic" (push) a topic to the top of the view active posts list, perhaps 10 days after the last reply or last post. I was the last person to reply to that introduction, so I had the right to bump it. It seems that the privilege level of user doesn't determine whether a topic can be bumped, so administrators and monitors don't have a right to "bump topic".
Yup. I think that's about right.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/

Return to “Questions”