External Links

Questions and discussion about B-Greek policies or the B-Greek forum.
S Walch

External Links

Post by S Walch »

Would it be too difficult to amend the PHP code for the forum so that URL's open in a new browser window rather than going to the external site in the same window?

Obviously this can be done myself by right-clicking - "Open in new Window", but I'm lazy and forget practically every day that the forum doesn't create a new window when clicking links :)
Jonathan Robie

Re: External Links

Post by Jonathan Robie »

S Walch wrote:Would it be too difficult to amend the PHP code for the forum so that URL's open in a new browser window rather than going to the external site in the same window?

Obviously this can be done myself by right-clicking - "Open in new Window", but I'm lazy and forget practically every day that the forum doesn't create a new window when clicking links :)
I really try to stay out of the PHP-level customization business. It takes time that is better devoted to Greek. I have higher priority fixes for my forum work too, such as restoring the better search engine we once had and especially getting b-hebrew up and running again.

And I'm not sure that everyone would prefer the behavior you suggest. The default may work well for a lot of people.

So ... right click is your friend.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
S Walch

Re: External Links

Post by S Walch »

Jonathan Robie wrote:So ... right click is your friend.
:)

Cheers again, Jonathan!

Return to “Questions”