Formats

A place for teachers to create lessons and discuss pedagogical concerns specifically related to the lessons we are creating in this subforum. General discussions of pedagogy belong elsewhere.
Jonathan Robie

Formats

Post by Jonathan Robie »

A few thoughts on formats.

Ultimately, we probably want a software platform that systematically presents the lessons with drills, etc. To start with, I'd be perfectly happy with creating lessons that a teacher could use to present a course in person, knowing that we can adapt the material. This also allows us to get going faster and to hammer out the instructional approach. For any students, we may want to use Google Hangouts to teach the lessons the first time around.

Youtube videos will also be helpful. I suspect several of you are good at producing Youtube videos? I'm in the process of learning ... just beginning, as some of you have seen in email ;->

I suspect that prototyping with HTML, audio, and youtube videos is a good way to figure out what we would want software to do.

What do the rest of you think? I'd like to postpone choosing or creating a software platform until we have a solid start on the material and the approach.
ἐξίσταντο δὲ πάντες καὶ διηποροῦντο, ἄλλος πρὸς ἄλλον λέγοντες, τί θέλει τοῦτο εἶναι;
http://jonathanrobie.biblicalhumanities.org/
Emma Ehrhardt

Re: Formats

Post by Emma Ehrhardt »

I would agree here. Sometimes it's better to get started and produce tangible output, rather than waiting for all the stars to align and have the perfect tech setup in place before beginning.
Emma Ehrhardt
Computational Linguist

Return to “Teacher's Lounge”