Are you or would you like to be a digital librarian? You could manage the ibiblio catalog. Our contributors are responsible for developing their collections, but they are rarely librarians, so having a staff member who can facilitate ensuring that each of our collections is maintainable and archivable is incredibly important.
- Maintenance of the Omeka-based catalog
- Troubleshooting issues of access and availability for collections
- Working with a wide range of famous and not-so-famous people who contribute material to ibiblio
- A desk for yourself in the sunny ibiblio office in 213 Manning Hall
- Working with a group of smart and energetic faculty and students
Candidates must be full or part time undergraduate or graduate students at UNC Chapel Hill. The position is for 10-20 hours/week starting as availability of space and funding allows; pay depends on skills and experience. Please send inquiries and resumes (in PDF or plain text format, no MS Word) to jobs-at-ibiblio-dot-org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and welcomes all to apply regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We also encourage protected veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.