Re: [nafex] we're just hopeless

Hi Del,

Do you have any Crandall currants planted?  I put in small bare root
plants last  season, and have a HUGE crop, on multicaned, 3' tall bushes
in just 1 year.  Just great plants, but I did opt to place them inside
peony cages (oversized tomato cages) as the weight of the berries was
dragging all the canes to the ground.

It amazes me how fast Crandall's grow, sucker, and offer you more plants,
and after tasting a Crandall, I would rate it better than most black
currants as it can be eaten out of hand. (I guess you could eat some black
currants out of hand too)

Large berries on Crandall too.

Regards,
Tom