[nafex] Cheapo Shortcut?

Hello,

We have all seen the soil amendments that hold water in the soil.  I have
a question regarding using "psyllium" as a cheap alternative.

Psyllium is a plant that has a medicinal use.  The husk of its seeds are
ground, and it becomes the active ingrediant in Metamucil (fiber
laxative).
Psyllium holds many times it own weight it water.  It swells and becomes
jelly-like in appearance when exposed to water.

You can buy generic brands of fiber laxative, containing psyllium husks,
very inexpensively.

Has anyone ever used it as a soil amendment to hold water, either in
potted culture, or in regular plantings?

Would like to hear your results.

Thanks,
Tom

Buy Stock for $4.