[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

About The Banana Tree / Table of Contents

http://banana-tree.com/aboutus.htm

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
mailto:london@sunSITE.unc.edu

The Banana Tree first started growing when Fred Saleet, with little more than a dream and a desire to be the best in what he did, began a lifelong educational process.

Tropical plants have been a constant passion, since he grew his first banana tree in his home in Pennsylvania, at the age of 14. This took special lighting, and additional warmth in the cold winter months. When the tree bore fruit, he was hooked.

Saleet went to universities in Arizona and Ohio, then quickly departed for the tropics for some first-hand experience in growing rare & uncommon tropical flora. At that time, little was known about how to grow chocolate, tea, banana, cashew, heliconia and many other varieties of these "tropics-only plants". This acquired knowledge enabled him to formulate a catalog that offered many of the seeds listed on this site.

Fast forward to the present. The Banana Tree, in existence since 1955, has grown in leaps and bounds to become the most acclaimed company of its kind. There are now three tropical locations, a research laboratory, and an office/shipping point.

It was inevitable that we would eventually put our catalog on the internet. After years of providing seeds to botanical gardens and professional growers, we now offer our products to the public.

PLEASE NOTE:Before placing your order, be sure to read the special section about growing conditions on our order form.

(Click on the underlined copy to go to that section of the catalog)

[Home Page]
[Heliconia]
[Gingers] [Cycads] [Plants & Bulbs] [Books]
[Cactus & Succulents] [Protea] [Oriental Vegetable Seeds]
[Other Edibles] [Herbs] [Palms]
Seeds: [ A-E] [ F-J ] [ K-O ] [ P-R ] [ S-Z ]
[Secure Order Form]

[Seeds--General Listing]
NOTE: We have placed the Seeds in sections (see above);
there are far too many to fit on one page!

You are looking at the latest edition of our catalog.
Our inventory is constantly changing, if you don't see what you're
looking for, feel free to send us an e-mail.

Click on the graphic above for e-mail.