Re: [seedsavers] Hello

Amanda Emily wrote:

> I saw the note on the NAFEX list about this new list and came over to join.

Thanks to Doreen Howard for getting that notice posted.

> Bummer about SSE :-( Was a non-listed member for a few years.
>
> If anyone is interested, I have scionwood from a 60 year old Richared
> Delicious for trade for scionwood of other old apple varieties.
>
> Lawrence, I'm a sysadmin / PHP developer in my professional life and
> would be more than happy to offer any assistance as needed.

You're hired :-) Thanks!

To get in sync with the current thrust of the seedsavers/permaculture wiki-effort read a few previous posts,
mostly today, especially those from Jay and my reply. So far I have MediaWiki already installed thanks to a friend.
Next will be to install Wordpress (blog) and BBpress (forums). There are MySQL and PHP things to do that are beyond my
current skill level. I can configure a PHP blog config file and even the one for MediaWiki, add and set up plugins and
extensions (MediaWiki) but I am sure I will encounter unfamiliar territory early on with some upgrades,
bells-and-whistles and maintenance. There's a lot of stuff in MediaWiki than can be enabled or changed in the config
main file that I am not at all familiar with.
If you could request an ibiblio account (Linux shell access) then you can login and work on admin level with all the app
installations. They exist at http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture. Send email to help@ibiblio.org for that account and
tell them what you'll be doing and with whom. The admins are familiar with all the projects I have going on ibiblio.
And we all owe them a huge debt of gratitude!