Subject: SWI-Prolog crashes when closing down

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Rogerson)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 19:22:17 GMT

Environment Windows 95 OSR2, SWI-prolog 3.28 [but also has the same
problem with an earlier release [can't remember which one]. ]

Sometimes when I quit [ halt. or "X" the application ], I get the
following error :

PLWIN caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0157:bff79ff3.
Registers:
EAX=005c6370 CS=0157 EIP=bff79ff3 EFLGS=00010202
EBX=031bf95c SS=015f ESP=030c0000 EBP=030c0024
ECX=030c1df8 DS=015f ESI=00000001 FS=4e5f
EDX=00000001 ES=015f EDI=817616f0 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
56 57 89 65 e8 75 04 33 c0 eb 54 85 c0 74 4b c7 
Stack dump:
031bf95c 005c6370 00000001 031bf95c 00f97f70 030c1df8 bffb88a8
bff781c8 ffffffff 030c1e08 bff7b3ef 005c6370 00000001 00f98051
005c6370

If I "OK" the error then I just get another error box. Often the only
way to clear the error is to reset the PC, which usually results in a
file system check.

I've not seen this referred to, so I guess it's not common. I
initially thought it was to do with a larg-ish data file that I was
loading, but it has also just happened without an significant data or
programs loaded, but in this case, when used via XCPE.

Steve
-- 
Forest of Dean