Subject: Re: setting local goal stack limit on Win95

From: [email-masked] (Uwe Lesta)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 17:05:36 +0100

Fangzhen Lin schrieb:
> 
> Hi. I'm using SWI-Prolog 2.7.16 on Win95. Is there any way for me to
> increase the local stack and global stack limits of the compiler/interpreter?

Yes.

From the "Reference Manual" section "2.4 Command line options"

-Lsize[km]
     Give local stack limit (2 Mbytes default).
     Note that there is no space between the size option
     and its argument. By default, the argument is interpreted
     in Kbytes. Postfixing the argument with m causes the argument
     to be interpreted in Mbytes. The following example specifies 32
     Mbytes local stack. 

          % pl -L32m

     A maximum is useful to stop buggy programs from claiming all 
     memory resources. -L0 sets the limit to the highest possible
     value. See section  2.16. 

-Gsize[km]
     Give global stack limit (4 Mbytes default). See -L for more details. 

-- 

Regards

Uwe
[email-masked]