Subject: Autoloading troubles

From: Luis Iraola Moreno <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:46:28 +0000 (WET DST)

Dear all,

I am experiencing troubles autoloading libraries in 3.3 (latest beta under
Windows NT). 

While the compiler loads system libraries like e.g. the quintus library
located in ".../library/quintus.pl" (where "..." is the SWI home), it does
not load user-defined libraries.

I have followed the usual (3.2.8) steps for enabling autoloading:

- the autoload flag is activated (default)
- 'assertz(library_directory("mypath"))' has been previously made and
- 'make_library_index("mypath")' has also been made.

However, the compiler does not perform any autoloading from "mypath" even
when 'library_directory/1' correctly reports "mypath" among the currently
defined library directories. 

I am probably missing something, but it may also be a bug in the latest
beta.

Thanks in advance, best regards,

Luis Iraola.