Subject: Re: Interfacing Java and Prolog both ways]

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:02:41 +0100

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------
Subject: Re: Interfacing Java and Prolog both ways]
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:15:50 -0800
From: [email-masked]

I sent the following message, but it got rejected, since my subscription is
probably under a different email address than I'm using.  Not a big deal,
but if you think it's interesting, you might want to post it to the list.
(Unfortunately, I haven't been in a position to use Prolog for quite some
time, but I still enjoy seeing the messages from time to time.)

Regards,
Don

Just making some cross connections:
Anyone working seriously in the area of interfacing Java and Prolog (or any
other pair of languages) might benefit from checking out the following link:
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/autocad/lisp/ffis.html ("Design Issues for
Foreign Function Interfaces" by Reini Urban).  Urban was triggered to write
this by a desire/need to do a better job of interfacing Emacs Lisp with its
environment.  He'd probably be a good correspondent in this work.

Happy interfacing,
- -- 

Don Dwiggins
SEI Information Technology
[email-masked]
The very first lesson that we have a right to demand that logic shall teach
us is how to make our ideas clear; and a most important one it is,
depreciated only by minds who stand in need of it.
  -- C.S. Peirce
------- End of forwarded message -------
-------------------------------------------------------