Subject: RE: SWI-Prolog 3.3.0$14

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:24:04 +0100

On Thu, 03 Feb 2000, Douglas Miles (Volt Computer) wrote:

>>I don't understand why I sometimes get an unreadable feedback when
>>calling trace/1. And then suddenly, the 'normal' feedback returns
>>when next I call trace/1 again. This doesn't happen to me in previous
>>Pl-versions. What I get (in 3.3.0) is:
>
>?- trace.
>Message: trace_mode(on).
>Message: frame(128,call,[])
> ?
>
>What I want (like in 3.2.8) is:

>I get that only a redhat system after I remake from the source .gz and then
>install it
>
>but then I correct it by  a rpm --force -i binaries-for-swi-prolog.rpm it
>fixes it :)
>
>I think it comes from the .so and the binaries not being compatible

Interesting.  Does this persist with the latest version?  There has been
a bug like this in two of the 3.3.0 releases.  If it persists, please
send me the config.h file produced by configure.

I normally test releases on SuSE Linux (currently 6.3), Solaris 2.7 and
Win32 under Windows NT Terminal Server.  For the rest I depend on users.

	Regards --- Jan