Subject: 3.3.0 final

From: Jan Wielemaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:18:47 +0100

Hi,

I uploaded 3.3.0 to the normal directory. Download and home page, online
HTML manual, etc. now all reflect 3.3, though 3.2 is still available as
alternative from the download pages.

Changes since last BETA:

  * FIXED: Undesired interaction between abort and exceptions.

  * MODIFIED: Simplified the interface around the undocumented PL_dispatch()
    call to improve interactive response on exceptions (XPCE), etc.

  * ADDED: PL_is_initialised() to test whether Prolog is initialised.  Also,
    when calling PL_initialise() twice the second call is a no-op.  Made
    PL_initialise() thread-safe, so concurent threads can call it.

  * MODIFIED: Unix version no longer installs Windows specific library
    files (dde.pl, registry.pl, progman.pl).

  * DELETED: libraries toolkit.pl, gensym.pl, qlfutil.pl.  Obscure and
    out of date functionality.

  * ADDED: library url.pl: parsing URL's

Thanks for all bug reports and comments on the 3.3.0 beta versions.

For XPCE users: Version 5.0.7 is now the default from the download
pages (Linux binary and Windows demo version).  Latest version has
been installed in the restricted area (for licenced users) too.

	Regards --- Jan