Subject: very important

From: "Albert Fox" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 17:01:02 GMT

How to Begin A Personal Relationship With Jesus Christ

1. God Loves You
God loves everyone and He desires us to have eternal life. John 3:16 says, 
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes 
in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (NIV) And John 10:10 says, 
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I (Jesus) have come 
that they may have life, and have it to the full." (NIV)

2. You Are A Sinner In Need Of Forgiveness
You have sinned by choosing to go your own way instead of God's way. Through 
His Holy Spirit, God wants you to know that you are separated from God and 
will face His Judgement. Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and fallen 
short of the glory of God." (NIV) Romans 6:23 says, "For the Wages of sin is 
death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (NIV) 
And Hebrews 9:27 says, "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that 
to face judgement." (NIV)

3. God Wants To Forgive You
God has demonstrated His love for you by sending His Son, Jesus Christ. By 
living a sinless life, and then dying on the cross and rising from the dead, 
Jesus took your judgement and made it possible for you to be forgiven. 
Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we 
were still sinners, Christ died for us." (NIV) And 1 Peter 3:18 says, "For 
Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to 
bring you to God. He was put to death in the body, but made alive by the 
Spirit." (NIV)

4. You Must Turn Away From Your Sins
You cannot save yourself or earn God's forgiveness as a result of being 
"good enough." Just as you change directions when you realize you are 
walking the wrong way, you must repent, or turn away, from your sins. Luke 
13:5 says, "I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish." 
(NIV) And Ephesians 2:8-9 says, "For it is by grace you have been saved, 
through faith -- and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift from God -- 
not by works, so that no one can boast." (NIV)

5. You Must Place Your Faith In God's Son, Jesus Christ

When you realize you are walking in the wrong direction, you turn to find 
the right way. Jesus is the right way. As you turn away from your sins, 
place your faith in Jesus to receive forgiveness and eternal life. Acts 
20:21 says, "I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to 
God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus." (NIV) And, John 14:6 
says, 'Jesus answers, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes 
to the Father except through me'." (NIV)

6. You Receive Jesus Christ Through Prayer

Because Jesus is alive, He stands ready to come into your life. Revelations 
3:20 says, "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my 
voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." 
(NIV) Through prayer you can:

Admit to God that you are a sinner and you are turning away from your sins;
Believe in sacrifice of Jesus Christ by thanking Him for dying on the cross 
and rising from the dead for your sins;
Commit your life to Jesus by asking Him to come into you rlife as your 
Savior and Lord.
After you have prayed this prayer, try to find a local church where you can 
worship and learn more about Jesus. Growth within your relationship with 
Jesus Christ will be enhanced by daily Bible reading and Prayer.

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com