Subject: Logtalk 2.6.0 now available for downloading

From: Paulo Moura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 02:37:55 +0100

Hi,

Logtalk 2.6.0, an open-source object-oriented extension to Prolog, is now
available for downloading from the Logtalk web site:

    http://www.ci.uc.pt/logtalk/logtalk.html

Highlights in this release:

    Automatic generation of documenting files in XML format.
    PDF versions of the manuals and tutorial (A4 and US Letter formats).

Major Logtalk features:

    Support for both class-based and prototype-based systems.
    Support for multiple object hierarchies.
    Separation between interface and implementation.
    Parametric objects.
    Private, protected and public object predicates.
    Private, protected and public inheritance.
    Static and dynamic object predicates.
    A pre-processor so we can use standard Prolog syntax.
    Event-driven programming.
    Multi-inheritance support.
    Good performance.
    Close integration with the ISO Prolog Standard.
    Compatible with most Prolog compilers.

Happy logtalking!

Paulo

-----------------------------------------------------------
Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Mathematics and Informatics   Office 4.32 Ext. 3251
University of Beira Interior          Phone: +351 275319700
6200 Covilhã                          Fax:   +351 275319732
Portugal

mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ci.uc.pt/logtalk/pmoura.html
-----------------------------------------------------------