Subject: Online help file - library(MANUAL)

From: Jonathan D Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 07:48:41 -0400

The SWI-Prolog web site includes a page on "Building SWI-Prolog on
MS-Windows."  The instructions were easy to follow.  However, if versions
3.3.7 and 3.3.8 are typical, one caveat needs to be added.  There's no
direct support for making the SWI-Prolog online help files in the
MS-Windows environment.

I suppose one could also download the binary distribution.  Or, download
the GNUish tools for DOS. Or, as I plan to *eventually* do: make my
computer a dual-boot system (Windows/UNIX).

Of course, as long as the manual does not change, I can simply copy
library(MANUAL) and library(helpidx.pl) from the old version's library. 
I guess that's more of a CVS issue.  Using the CVS web interface, there
does not seem to be easy way to determine which source files changed
from, say, 3.3.7 to 3.3.8.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I enjoy using SWI-Prolog, but I am
definitely new at it.
________________________________________________________________
YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET!
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
Try it today - there's no risk!  For your FREE software, visit:
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.