Subject: Debugging on WinNT.

From: Martin Young <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 17:55:56 +0100

Hi Folks,

I've written a Prolog program which runs correctly on Solaris and also on
Windows NT for small data sets, but on Windows NT with a large amount of data
it appears to hang.  It's generally doing stuff related to writing text to a
stream but I'm not sure as I can't see how to break in to see what it's up to.
 So, questions:

  - Are there any known problems or predicates I should be avoiding (I'm not
    using signals, btw)?

  - How do I break in and see the current goals, as in ctrl/c under Solaris?
    ctrl/c in plwin does nothing, whilst plcon says "FATAL ERROR...received
    signal 2 (int) while in 20-th garbage collection".

  - Is there some other way I can get some visibility on what's happening?

I don't really want to submit a bug report based on so little information...

Thanks for any help.

-- 
Martin Young  working for  STMicroelectronics at     `(o)_(o)' The fat wise /
1000 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol, BS32 4SQ.      (  V  ) owl eats only >
+44 1454 462 523    `v'      [email-masked]      `.___,' clean mice.  /
                   _(_)_                             -="==="=============='