Subject: S&P 500 stock list
From: [email-masked] (Sean Flynn)
Date: 1 Sep 1994 18:56:11 -0400
Newsgroups: misc.invest

This is in response to a post last week asking for the list of stocks
that make up the S&P 500 average.

One way to answer this is to look at the portfolio makeup for an S&P500
index fund.  For example, 

Vanguard Index Trust 500 is a mutual fund whose policy is to invest
in all the stocks in the S&P500, and only those stocks.  As of 
June 30, 1994 their holdings were:
                                                            V
Name                                  % approx Symb   Exch  G
------------------------------------- ------- ------ ------ -
General Electric Co.                  2.4875% GE     NYSE   G
American Telephone & Telegraph Co.    2.3027% T      NYSE   G
Exxon Corp.                           2.1933% XON    NYSE   V
Royal Dutch Petroleum Co.             1.7494% RD     NYSE   V
Wal-Mart Stores Inc.                  1.7386% WMT    NYSE   G
Coca Cola Co.                         1.6389% KO     NYSE   G
Philip Morris Cos. Inc.               1.4090% MO     NYSE   G
du Pont de Nemours E.I. & Co.         1.2358% DD     NYSE   G
General Motors Corp.                  1.1672% GM     NYSE   V
Merck & Co. Inc.                      1.1636% MRK    NYSE   G
Procter & Gamble Co.                  1.1386% PG     NYSE   G
International Business Machines Corp. 1.0741% IBM    NYSE   V
Mobil Corp.                           1.0141% MOB    NYSE   V
BellSouth Corp.                       0.9557% BLS    NYSE   V
GTE Corp.                             0.9400% GTE    NYSE   V
Microsoft Corp.                       0.9251% MSFT   NASDAQ G
Ford Motor Co.                        0.9216% F      NYSE   V
Amoco Corp.                           0.8826% AN     NYSE   V
Johnson & Johnson                     0.8599% JNJ    NYSE   G
American International Group Inc.     0.8582% AIG    NYSE   G
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.              0.8550% BMY    NYSE   G
Chevron Corp.                         0.8512% CHV    NYSE   V
Southwestern Bell Corp.               0.8145% SBC    NYSE   V
Motorola Inc.                         0.7736% MOT    NYSE   G
PepsiCo Inc.                          0.7634% PEP    NYSE   G
Intel Corp.                           0.7631% INTC   NASDAQ G
Bell Atlantic Corp.                   0.7617% BEL    NYSE   V
Abbott Laboratories Inc.              0.7416% ABT    NYSE   G
Federal National Mortgage Assn.       0.7118% FNM    NYSE   G
Disney Walt Co.                       0.6972% DIS    NYSE   G
Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Co.  0.6540% MMM    NYSE   G
Ameritech Corp.                       0.6373% AIT    NYSE   V
McDonald's Corp.                      0.6373% MCD    NYSE   G
Pfizer Inc.                           0.6319% PFE    NYSE   G
Hewlett-Packard Co.                   0.5946% HWP    NYSE   V
U.S. West Corp.                       0.5919% USW    NYSE   V
Home Depot Inc.                       0.5888% HD     NYSE   G
Dow Chemical Co.                      0.5615% DOW    NYSE   V
American Home Products Inc.           0.5493% AHP    NYSE   G
Sears, Roebuck & Co.                  0.5263% S      NYSE   V
Chrysler Corp.                        0.5205% C      NYSE   V
Lilly Eli & Co.                       0.5193% LLY    NYSE   G
Atlantic Richfield Co.                0.5098% ARC    NYSE   V
Unilever NV                           0.5030% UN     NYSE   G
BankAmerica Corp.                     0.4995% BAC    NYSE   V
Eastman Kodak Co.                     0.4959% EK     NYSE   G
Boeing Co.                            0.4912% BA     NYSE   V
NYNEX Corp.                           0.4900% NYN    NYSE   V
Texaco, Inc.                          0.4878% TX     NYSE   V
Citicorp                              0.4807% CCI    NYSE   V
Schlumberger Ltd.                     0.4504% SLB    NYSE   G
Gillette Co.                          0.4490% G      NYSE   G
NationsBank Inc.                      0.4319% NB     NYSE   V
Anheuser-Busch Co. Inc.               0.4207% BUD    NYSE   G
Time Warner Inc.                      0.4138% TWX    NYSE   G
Banc One Corp.                        0.4083% ONE    NYSE   V
Pacific Telesis Group                 0.4060% PAC    NYSE   V
WMX Technologies Inc.                 0.3996% WMX    NYSE   G
Penney J.C. & Co Inc.                 0.3995% JCP    NYSE   V
Emerson Electric Co.                  0.3982% EMR    NYSE   G
American Express Co.                  0.3973% AXP    NYSE   V
Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.         0.3958% COL    NYSE   G
Kellogg Co.                           0.3848% K      NYSE   G
Southern Co.                          0.3792% SO     NYSE   V
MCI Communications Corp.              0.3746% MCIC   NASDAQ G
Sprint Corp.                          0.3735% FON    NYSE   G
Morgan J.P. & Co. Inc.                0.3732% JPM    NYSE   V
Schering-Plough Corp.                 0.3732% SGP    NYSE   G
Airtouch Communications               0.3630% ATI    NYSE   G
Union Pacific Corp.                   0.3624% UNP    NYSE   V
Seagram Co. Ltd.                      0.3517% VO     NYSE   V
Capital Cities/ABC Inc.               0.3403% CCB    NYSE   G
Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp.      0.3395% FRE    NYSE   V
Oracle Systems Corp.                  0.3381% ORCL   NASDAQ G
McCaw Cellular Communications Inc.    0.3366% MCAWA  NASDAQ G
Travelers Corp.                       0.3257% TRV    NYSE   V
Caterpillar Inc.                      0.3177% CAT    NYSE   G
Xerox Corp.                           0.3177% XRX    NYSE   V
Sara Lee Corp.                        0.3174% SLE    NYSE   G
Pacific Gas & Electric Co.            0.3169% PCG    NYSE   V
Allied-Signal Inc.                    0.3070% ALD    NYSE   G
May Department Stores Co.             0.3040% MA     NYSE   G
Chemical Banking Corp.                0.3032% CHL    NYSE   V
ITT Corp.                             0.2996% ITT    NYSE   V
Toys R Us, Inc.                       0.2967% TOY    NYSE   G
Dun & Bradstreet Corp.                0.2946% DNB    NYSE   G
Tele-Communications Inc. Class A      0.2859% ATCOMA NASDAQ G
General Re Corp.                      0.2856% GRN    NYSE   V
Monsanto Co.                          0.2799% MTC    NYSE   G
Warner-Lambert Co.                    0.2755% WLA    NYSE   G
Raytheon Co.                          0.2734% RTN    NYSE   V
Northfolk Southern Corp.              0.2721% NSC    NYSE   V
General Mills Inc.                    0.2705% GIS    NYSE   G
Campbell Soup Co.                     0.2690% CPB    NYSE   G
Kimberly-Clark Corp.                  0.2656% KMB    NYSE   G
Norwest Corp.                         0.2597% NOB    NYSE   G
Wells Fargo & Co.                     0.2591% WFC    NYSE   V
Rockwell International Corp.          0.2572% ROK    NYSE   V
Weyerhauser Co.                       0.2566% WY     NYSE   V
International Paper Co.               0.2561% IP     NYSE   V
Phillips Petroleum Inc.               0.2549% P      NYSE   G
Enron Corp.                           0.2547% ENE    NYSE   G
United Technologies Corp.             0.2544% UTX    NYSE   V
Compaq Computer Corp.                 0.2535% CPQ    NYSE   G
H.J.Heinz Co.                         0.2506% HNZ    NYSE   G
PPG Industries Inc.                   0.2486% PPG    NYSE   G
CSX Corp.                             0.2460% CSX    NYSE   V
First Union Corp.                     0.2448% FTU    NYSE   V
Tenneco Inc.                          0.2446% TGT    NYSE   V
Keycorp                               0.2402% KEY    NYSE   G
Colgate-Palmolive Co.                 0.2393% CL     NYSE   G
Archer-Daniels-Midland Co.            0.2374% ADM    NYSE   V
Conagra Inc.                          0.2360% CAG    NYSE   G
Automatic Data Processing Inc.        0.2351% AUD    NYSE   G
Duke Power Co.                        0.2284% DUK    NYSE   V
Gannett Co. Inc.                      0.2269% GCI    NYSE   G
AMP Inc.                              0.2266% AMP    NYSE   G
Baxter International Inc.             0.2265% BAX    NYSE   V
Texas Instruments Inc.                0.2258% TXN    NYSE   G
CPC International                     0.2254% CPC    NYSE   G
Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.              0.2229% MER    NYSE   V
Chase Manhattan Corp.                 0.2202% CMB    NYSE   V
Texas Utilities Co.                   0.2199% TXU    NYSE   V
Albertson's Inc.                      0.2177% ABS    NYSE   G
Northern Telecom Limited              0.2165% NT     NYSE   G
Unocal Corp.                          0.2155% UCL    NYSE   V
American Barrick Resources            0.2136% ABX    NYSE   G
Corning Inc.                          0.2126% GLW    NYSE   G
PNC Bank Corp.                        0.2117% PNC    NYSE   V
Chubb Corp.                           0.2096% CB     NYSE   V
Computer Associates International     0.2053% CA     NYSE   G
Aluminum Co. of America               0.2016% AA     NYSE   V
Blockbuster Entertainment Corp.       0.2010% BV     NYSE   G
Dean Witter Discover                  0.1995% DWD    NYSE   V
First Interstate Bancorp.             0.1994% I      NYSE   V
American Brands Inc.                  0.1994% AMB    NYSE   V
Public Service Enterprise Group Inc.  0.1985% PEG    NYSE   V
Kmart Corp.                           0.1976% KM     NYSE   V
Limited Inc., The                     0.1954% LTD    NYSE   G
Aetna Life and Casualty Inc.          0.1951% AET    NYSE   V
Gap Inc.                              0.1940% GPS    NYSE   G
Consolidated Edison Co. of New York   0.1939% ED     NYSE   V
Marsh & McLennan Inc.                 0.1923% MMC    NYSE   G
Novell Inc.                           0.1904% NOVL   NASDAQ G
Dominion Resources Inc.               0.1904% D      NYSE   V
Pitney Bowes Inc.                     0.1888% PBI    NYSE   G
U.S. Healthcare Inc.                  0.1866% USHC   NASDAQ G
Nucor Corp.                           0.1863% NUE    NYSE   G
United Healthcare Corp.               0.1863% UNH    NYSE   G
Suntrust Banks Inc.                   0.1848% STI    NYSE   V
American General Corp.                0.1848% AGC    NYSE   V
Cisco Systems Inc.                    0.1846% CSCO   NASDAQ G
Browning-Ferris Industries Inc.       0.1826% BFI    NYSE   G
PECO Energy Corp.                     0.1822% PE     NYSE   V
Deere & Co.                           0.1808% DE     NYSE   V
Dayton-Hudson Corp.                   0.1807% DH     NYSE   G
SCE Corp.                             0.1798% SCE    NYSE   V
Occidental Petroleum Corp.            0.1795% OXY    NYSE   V
Entergy Corp.                         0.1778% ETR    NYSE   V
Amgen Inc.                            0.1774% AMGN   NASDAQ G
FPL Group Inc.                        0.1771% FPL    NYSE   V
Wachovia Corp.                        0.1771% WB     NYSE   V
UST Inc.                              0.1734% UST    NYSE   G
Wm. Wrigley Jr. Co.                   0.1724% WWY    NYSE   G
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.          0.1689% GT     NYSE   V
Georgia-Pacific Corp.                 0.1680% GP     NYSE   V
Burlington Resources                  0.1674% BRU    NYSE   V
Bankers Trust New York Corp.          0.1658% BT     NYSE   V
Salomon Bros.                         0.1647% SB     NYSE   V
CIGNA Corp.                           0.1646% CI     NYSE   V
American Electric Power Co.           0.1626% AEP    NYSE   V
Fleet Financial Group Inc.            0.1619% FLT    NYSE   V
Lowes Cos. Inc.                       0.1603% LOW    NYSE   G
Placer Dome Group Inc.                0.1598% PDG    NYSE   G
Alcan Aluminum Ltd.                   0.1593% AL     NYSE   V
NBD Bancorp Inc.                      0.1583% NBD    NYSE   V
Upjohn Co.                            0.1571% UPJ    NYSE   V
American Cyanamid Co.                 0.1569% ACY    NYSE   G
Air Products & Chemicals Inc.         0.1520% APD    NYSE   V
Commonwealth Edison Corp.             0.1520% CWE    NYSE   V
CBS Inc.                              0.1502% CBS    NYSE   G
USX-Marathon Group                    0.1501% MRO    NYSE   V
Burlington Northern                   0.1481% BNI    NYSE   G
Pacificorp                            0.1479% PPW    NYSE   V
Quaker Oats Corp.                     0.1463% OAT    NYSE   G
Textron Inc.                          0.1444% TXT    NYSE   V
McDonnell Douglas Corp.               0.1435% MD     NYSE   V
Medtronic Inc.                        0.1430% MDT    NYSE   G
Amerada Hess Corp.                    0.1426% AHC    NYSE   V
AMR Corp.                             0.1406% AMR    NYSE   V
Walgreen Co.                          0.1405% WAG    NYSE   G
Genuine Parts Co.                     0.1403% GPC    NYSE   G
Nike Inc. Class B                     0.1382% NKE    NYSE   V
Donnelly R.R. & Sons Co.              0.1376% DNY    NYSE   V
Illinois Tool Works Inc.              0.1376% ITW    NYSE   G
International Flavors & Fragrances In 0.1369% IFF    NYSE   G
Hercules Inc.                         0.1365% HPC    NYSE   G
Conrail                               0.1362% CRR    NYSE   V
Masco Corp.                           0.1346% MAS    NYSE   V
Barnett Banks of Florida              0.1333% BBI    NYSE   V
Houston Industries Inc.               0.1331% HOU    NYSE   V
Mattel Inc.                           0.1330% MAT    NYSE   G
Avon Products Inc.                    0.1327% AVP    NYSE   G
Rohm & Haas Co.                       0.1317% ROH    NYSE   G
Rubbermaid Inc.                       0.1316% RBD    NYSE   G
Martin Marietta Corp.                 0.1315% ML     NYSE   V
Fluor Corp.                           0.1306% FLR    NYSE   G
Block H & R Inc.                      0.1304% HRB    NYSE   G
First Chicago Corp.                   0.1300% FNB    NYSE   V
Sysco Corp.                           0.1300% SYY    NYSE   G
TRW Inc.                              0.1294% TRW    NYSE   V
Federal Express Corp.                 0.1293% FDX    NYSE   V
Westinghouse Electric Corp.           0.1286% WX     NYSE   G
Cooper Industries Inc.                0.1286% CBE    NYSE   V
Melville Corp.                        0.1276% MES    NYSE   V
Lockheed Corp.                        0.1274% LK     NYSE   V
Honeywell Inc.                        0.1265% HON    NYSE   V
Union Carbide Corp.                   0.1260% UK     NYSE   V
Phelps Dodge Corp.                    0.1254% PD     NYSE   V
Central & South West Corp.            0.1252% CSR    NYSE   V
Lincoln National Corp.                0.1247% LNC    NYSE   V
Eastman Chemical                      0.1233% EMN    NYSE   G
Eaton Corp.                           0.1233% ETN    NYSE   G
Whirlpool Corp.                       0.1217% WHR    NYSE   V
Scott Paper Co.                       0.1209% SPP    NYSE   V
Santa Fe Pacific Corp.                0.1206% SFX    NYSE   G
Great Lakes Chemical Corp.            0.1205% GLK    NYSE   G
Halliburton Co.                       0.1205% HAL    NYSE   V
Times Mirror Co. Class A              0.1197% TMC    NYSE   V
Morton International Inc.             0.1190% MII    NYSE   G
Hershey Foods Corp.                   0.1185% HSY    NYSE   V
Grace W.R. & Co.                      0.1163% GRA    NYSE   V
Carolina Power and Light Co.          0.1162% CPL    NYSE   V
First Fidelity Bancorp.               0.1157% FFB    NYSE   V
CoreStates Financial Corp.            0.1157% CFL    NYSE   V
Ingersoll-Rand Co.                    0.1157% IR     NYSE   V
Transamerica Corp.                    0.1148% TA     NYSE   V
Detroit Edison Co.                    0.1139% DTE    NYSE   V
Newell Co.                            0.1139% NWL    NYSE   G
Dresser Industries Inc.               0.1124% DI     NYSE   G
Mellon Bank Corp.                     0.1117% MEL    NYSE   V
Tribune Co.                           0.1113% TRB    NYSE   G
Consolidated Natural Gas Co.          0.1097% CNG    NYSE   V
Safeco Corp.                          0.1092% SAFC   NASDAQ V
American Stores Co.                   0.1092% ASC    NYSE   V
Nordstrom Inc.                        0.1091% NOBE   NASDAQ G
Dillard Department Stores Class A     0.1090% DDS    NYSE   V
Ralston Purina Co.                    0.1087% RAL    NYSE   G
Newmont Mining Corp.                  0.1075% NEM    NYSE   G
UNUM Corp.                            0.1062% UNM    NYSE   V
St. Paul Cos.                         0.1061% SPC    NYSE   V
Marriott International                0.1058% MAR    NYSE   G
Dover Corp.                           0.1050% DOV    NYSE   G
Lousiana-Pacific Corp.                0.1049% LPX    NYSE   V
MBNA Corp.                            0.1045% KRB    NYSE   G
Crown Cork & Seal Co. Inc.            0.1033% CCK    NYSE   V
McGraw-Hill Inc.                      0.1027% MHP    NYSE   G
Boatmen's Bancshares Inc              0.1018% BOAT   NASDAQ V
Union Electric Corp.                  0.1014% UEP    NYSE   V
Price/Costco                          0.1012% PCCW   NASDAQ V
Grainger W.W. Inc.                    0.1011% GWW    NYSE   G
Household International Inc.          0.1003% HI     NYSE   V
Winn Dixie Stores Inc.                0.0999% WIN    NYSE   G
Union Camp Corp.                      0.0991% UCC    NYSE   V
Baltimore Gas & Electric Co.          0.0970% BGE    NYSE   V
UAL Corp.                             0.0964% UAL    NYSE   V
Dow Jones & Co. Inc.                  0.0963% DJ     NYSE   V
Alco Standard Corp.                   0.0957% ASN    NYSE   G
Apple Computer Inc.                   0.0957% AAPL   NASDAQ V
Champion International Corp.          0.0957% CHA    NYSE   V
V F Corp.                             0.0955% VFC    NYSE   V
Providian Corp.                       0.0948% PVN    NYSE   V
Promus Co. Inc.                       0.0947% PRI    NYSE   G
Becton, Dickinson & Co.               0.0927% BDX    NYSE   V
Williams Cos. Inc.                    0.0920% WMB    NYSE   V
Pioneer Hi Bred International         0.0916% PHYB   NASDAQ G
McKesson Corp.                        0.0912% MCK    NYSE   G
Loral Corp.                           0.0910% LOR    NYSE   V
Baker Hughes Inc.                     0.0899% BHI    NYSE   V
Reynolds Metals Co.                   0.0898% RLM    NYSE   V
Sun Co.                               0.0895% SUN    NYSE   V
Torchmark Corp.                       0.0887% TMK    NYSE   G
Inco Ltd.                             0.0883% N      NYSE   V
Coastal Corp.                         0.0880% CGP    NYSE   V
Dana Corp.                            0.0874% DCN    NYSE   V
Knight-Ridder Inc.                    0.0865% KRI    NYSE   V
Northern States Power Co. of Minnesot 0.0857% NSP    NYSE   V
Sherwin-Williams Co.                  0.0855% SHW    NYSE   V
Harcourt General Inc.                 0.0853% H      NYSE   G
Ohio Edison Co.                       0.0851% OEC    NYSE   V
Cyprus Amax                           0.0850% CYM    NYSE   V
Sonat Inc.                            0.0837% SNT    NYSE   V
Digital Equipment Corp.               0.0834% DEC    NYSE   V
Clorox Co.                            0.0826% CLX    NYSE   G
Temple-Inland Inc.                    0.0824% TIN    NYSE   V
Praxair Inc.                          0.0815% PX     NYSE   G
Mead Corp.                            0.0815% MEA    NYSE   V
Bank of Boston Corp.                  0.0811% BKB    NYSE   V
Hasbro Inc.                           0.0811% HAS    AMEX   G
National Medical Enterprises          0.0809% NME    NYSE   V
Homestake Mining Co.                  0.0805% HM     NYSE   G
U.S. Bancorp.                         0.0804% UBAN   NASDAQ V
General Dynamics Corp.                0.0798% GD     NYSE   V
Shawmut National Corp.                0.0795% SNC    NYSE   V
USX-US Steel Group                    0.0793% X      NYSE   V
Hilton Hotels Corp.                   0.0792% HLT    NYSE   V
New York Times Co. Class A            0.0788% NYTA   AMEX   V
Comcast Corp. Class A                 0.0784% CMCSA  NASDAQ G
Mallinckrodt Group Inc.               0.0781% MKG    NYSE   V
Kroger Co.                            0.0780% KR     NYSE   G
Golden West Financial Corp.           0.0773% GDW    NYSE   V
Reebok International Ltd.             0.0771% RBK    NYSE   G
Roadway Services Inc.                 0.0761% ROAD   NASDAQ G
Kerr-McGee Corp.                      0.0759% KMG    NYSE   V
Englehard Corp.                       0.0757% EC     NYSE   G
Great Western Financial Corp.         0.0757% GWF    NYSE   V
Jefferson-Pilot Corp.                 0.0753% JP     NYSE   V
Premark International                 0.0749% PMI    NYSE   V
Panhandle Eastern Corp.               0.0738% PEL    NYSE   V
Pennzoil Co.                          0.0735% PZL    NYSE   V
Interpublic Group of Cos. Inc.        0.0729% IPG    NYSE   G
Advanced Micro Devices Inc.           0.0717% AMD    NYSE   V
Delta Air Lines Inc.                  0.0710% DAL    NYSE   V
Western Atlas Inc.                    0.0700% WAI    NYSE   V
Ahmanson H.F. & Co.                   0.0688% AHM    NYSE   V
American Greetings Corp. Class A      0.0688% AGREA  NASDAQ V
Nalco Chemical Inc.                   0.0688% NLC    NYSE   G
DSC Communications Corp.              0.0683% DIGI   NASDAQ G
Tandy Corp.                           0.0683% TAN    NYSE   V
Bausch & Lomb Inc.                    0.0682% BOL    NYSE   G
Deluxe Corp.                          0.0681% DLX    NYSE   G
SuperValu Inc.                        0.0681% SVU    NYSE   V
Service Corp. International           0.0680% SRV    NYSE   V
Niagara Mohawk Power Corp.            0.0671% NMK    NYSE   V
Tyco International Ltd.               0.0662% TYC    NYSE   V
Computer Sciences Corp.               0.0656% CSC    NYSE   G
Brunswick Corp.                       0.0654% BC     NYSE   G
Woolworth Corp.                       0.0653% Z      NYSE   V
Parker Hannifin Corp.                 0.0648% PH     NYSE   V
National Semiconductor Corp.          0.0645% NSM    NYSE   V
Westvaco Corp.                        0.0642% W      NYSE   V
Ashland Oil Co.                       0.0630% ASH    NYSE   V
Maytag Corp.                          0.0619% MYG    NYSE   V
Bethlehem Steel Corp.                 0.0618% BS     NYSE   V
Circuit City Stores Inc.              0.0615% CC     NYSE   G
Dial Corp.                            0.0614% DL     NYSE   G
Johnson Controls Inc.                 0.0612% JCI    NYSE   V
Brown-Forman Corp. Class B            0.0610% BFB    NYSE   V
FMC Corp.                             0.0608% FMC    NYSE   G
Ryder System Inc.                     0.0604% R      NYSE   V
Cooper Tire & Rubber Co.              0.0603% CTB    NYSE   G
Pep Boys (Manny, Moe & Jack)          0.0602% PBY    NYSE   G
ALZA Corp.                            0.0599% AZA    NYSE   G
Pet Inc.                              0.0595% PT     NYSE   G
Sun Microsystems Inc.                 0.0594% SUNW   NASDAQ V
Beneficial Corp.                      0.0589% BNL    NYSE   V
Northrop Grumman Corp.                0.0570% NOC    NYSE   V
Stanley Works                         0.0562% SWK    NYSE   V
Cummins Engine Co.                    0.0559% CUM    NYSE   V
Echlin Inc.                           0.0558% ECH    NYSE   V
Paccar Inc.                           0.0555% PCAR   NASDAQ V
Comcast Corp. Class A Special         0.0548% ACMCSK NASDAQ G
Harris Corp.                          0.0548% HRS    NYSE   V
Borden Inc.                           0.0545% BN     NYSE   G
Rite Aid Corp.                        0.0544% RAD    NYSE   V
Pall Corp.                            0.0544% PLL    NYSE   G
Armstrong World Industries Inc.       0.0541% ACK    NYSE   G
Moore Corp. Ltd.                      0.0524% MCL    NYSE   V
Worthington Industries                0.0523% WTHG   NASDAQ G
Pacific Enterprises                   0.0521% PET    NYSE   V
Lotus Development Corp.               0.0519% LOTS   NASDAQ G
Whitman Corp.                         0.0510% WH     NYSE   G
Avery Dennison Corp.                  0.0508% AVY    NYSE   V
TJX Cos.                              0.0502% TJX    NYSE   G
Wendy's International Inc.            0.0501% WEN    NYSE   G
Varity Corp.                          0.0499% VAT    NYSE   V
Snap-On Inc.                          0.0498% SNA    NYSE   V
Unisys Corp.                          0.0493% UIS    NYSE   G
Liz Claiborne Inc.                    0.0492% LIZ    NYSE   V
Manor Care Inc.                       0.0489% MNR    NYSE   G
General Signal Corp.                  0.0487% GSX    NYSE   V
Raychem Corp.                         0.0480% RYC    NYSE   V
Polaroid Corp.                        0.0466% PRD    NYSE   V
King World Productions                0.0465% KWP    NYSE   G
St. Jude Medical Inc.                 0.0464% STJM   NASDAQ G
Millipore Corp.                       0.0460% MIL    NYSE   G
Oryx Energy Co.                       0.0454% ORX    NYSE   V
Black & Decker Corp.                  0.0451% BDK    NYSE   V
Louisiana Land & Exploration Co.      0.0440% LLX    NYSE   V
Inland Steel Industries Inc.          0.0439% IAD    NYSE   V
NICOR Inc.                            0.0436% GAS    NYSE   V
Ecolab Inc.                           0.0433% ECL    NYSE   G
James River Corp.                     0.0433% JR     NYSE   V
Allergan Inc.                         0.0431% AGN    NYSE   G
Columbia Gas Systems Inc.             0.0426% CG     NYSE   V
Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corp.         0.0417% OCF    NYSE   G
McDermott International Inc.          0.0416% MDR    NYSE   V
Foster Wheeler Corp.                  0.0405% FWC    NYSE   G
Scientific-Atlanta Inc.               0.0403% SFA    NYSE   G
National Service Industries Inc.      0.0403% NSI    NYSE   V
Perkin-Elmer Corp.                    0.0401% PKN    NYSE   G
Tandem Computers                      0.0401% TDM    NYSE   V
Stone Container Corp.                 0.0400% STO    NYSE   V
E-Systems Inc.                        0.0394% ESY    NYSE   V
United States Surgical Corp.          0.0391% USS    NYSE   V
Bard C.R. Inc.                        0.0388% BCR    NYSE   G
Biomet Inc.                           0.0378% BMET   NASDAQ G
Echo Bay Mines Ltd.                   0.0376% ECO    AMEX   V
PSI Resources Inc.                    0.0376% PIN    NYSE   V
Russell Corp.                         0.0372% RML    NYSE   V
Mercantile Stores Co. Inc.            0.0370% MST    NYSE   V
Asarco Inc.                           0.0366% AR     NYSE   V
Giant Food Inc. Class A               0.0366% GFSA   AMEX   V
Autodesk Inc.                         0.0365% ACAD   NASDAQ G
Thomas & Betts Corp.                  0.0362% TNB    NYSE   V
Bemis Co. Inc.                        0.0356% BMS    NYSE   G
Potlatch Corp.                        0.0351% PCH    NYSE   V
Goodrich BF, Co.                      0.0349% GR     NYSE   V
Pittston Sevices Group                0.0346% PCO    NYSE   V
Ceridian Corp.                        0.0339% CEN    NYSE   G
USF&G Corp.                           0.0326% FG     NYSE   V
Clark Equipment Co.                   0.0324% CKL    NYSE   V
Fleming Cos. Inc.                     0.0320% FLM    NYSE   V
Timkin Co.                            0.0315% ?             V
Navistar International Corp.          0.0313% NAV    NYSE   V
Beverly Enterprises Inc.              0.0310% BEV    NYSE   V
Trinova Corp.                         0.0307% TNV    NYSE   G
Safety-Kleen Corp.                    0.0306% SK     NYSE   V
Briggs & Stratton Corp.               0.0303% BGG    NYSE   G
Federal Paper Board Co. Inc.          0.0300% FBO    NYSE   V
ENSERCH Corp.                         0.0297% ENS    NYSE   V
Ogden Corp.                           0.0297% OG     NYSE   V
Charming Shoppes Inc.                 0.0293% CHRS   NASDAQ V
Andrew Corp.                          0.0282% ANDW   NASDAQ G
Teledyne Inc.                         0.0277% TDY    NYSE   V
Fleetwood Enterprises Inc.            0.0273% FLE    NYSE   V
Tektronix Inc.                        0.0266% TEK    NYSE   V
Continental Corp.                     0.0265% CIC    NYSE   V
Consolidated Freightways Inc.         0.0263% CNF    NYSE   V
Santa Fe Energy Resources Inc.        0.0263% SFR    NYSE   V
E G & G Inc.                          0.0261% EGG    NYSE   V
Boise Cascade Corp.                   0.0261% BCC    NYSE   V
Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. Inc. 0.0257% GAP    NYSE   V
Centex Corp.                          0.0253% CTX    NYSE   V
Peoples Energy Corp.                  0.0253% PGL    NYSE   V
USLIFE Corp.                          0.0250% USH    NYSE   V
Crane Co.                             0.0247% CR     NYSE   V
Ball Corp.                            0.0237% BLL    NYSE   V
Longs Drug Stores Inc.                0.0232% LDG    NYSE   V
Rowan Cos. Inc.                       0.0229% RDC    NYSE   V
Jostens Inc.                          0.0229% JOS    NYSE   V
Noram Energy Corp.                    0.0228% NAE    NYSE   V
Alexander & Alexander Services        0.0220% AAL    NYSE   V
Cincinnati Milacron Inc.              0.0218% CMZ    NYSE   G
Morrison-Knudsen Inc.                 0.0210% MRN    NYSE   V
Adolph Coors Co. Class B              0.0209% ACCOB  NASDAQ V
Maxus Energy Corp.                    0.0208% MXS    NYSE   G
John H. Harland Co.                   0.0208% JH     NYSE   G
Brown Group Inc.                      0.0206% BG     NYSE   G
Stride Rite Corp.                     0.0204% SRR    NYSE   V
Transco Energy Co.                    0.0204% E      NYSE   V
Helmerich & Payne Inc.                0.0203% HP     NYSE   V
Pulte Corp.                           0.0198% PHM    NYSE   V
Amdahl Corp.                          0.0197% AMH    AMEX   V
Shoney's Inc.                         0.0194% SHN    NYSE   G
Meredith Corp.                        0.0191% MDP    NYSE   V
Cray Research Inc.                    0.0185% CYR    NYSE   V
Alberto-Culver Co. Class B            0.0184% ACV    NYSE   V
Armco Inc.                            0.0181% AS     NYSE   G
Luby's Cafeterias Inc.                0.0181% LUB    NYSE   G
Bruno's Inc.                          0.0173% BRNO   NASDAQ V
Shared Medical Systems Corp.          0.0173% SMED   NASDAQ G
Springs Industries Class A            0.0164% SMI    NYSE   V
Giddings & Lewis Inc.                 0.0162% GIDL   NASDAQ V
Community Psychiatric Centers         0.0159% CMY    NYSE   V
Harnischfeger Industries Inc.         0.0155% HPH    NYSE   V
Yellow Corp.                          0.0151% YELL   NASDAQ V
Eastern Enterprises                   0.0150% EFU    NYSE   V
NACCO Industries Inc. Class A         0.0149% NC     NYSE   V
Oneok Inc.                            0.0142% OKE    NYSE   V
Intergraph Corp.                      0.0136% INGR   NASDAQ V
Kaufman & Broad Home Corp.            0.0136% KBH    NYSE   V
Bassett Furniture Industries Inc.     0.0126% BSET   NASDAQ V
Outboard Marine Corp.                 0.0122% OM     NYSE   V
Ryan's Family Steakhouses Inc.        0.0119% RYAN   NASDAQ V
USAir Group                           0.0116% U      NYSE   G
Zenith Electronics Corp.              0.0110% ZE     NYSE   V
Handleman Co.                         0.0105% HDL    NYSE   V
Bally Manufacturing Corp.             0.0095% BLY    NYSE   V
First Mississipi Corp.                0.0094% FRM    NYSE   V
Rollins Environmental Services Inc.   0.0089% REN    NYSE   V
Gerber Products Co.                   0.0086% GEB    NYSE   ?
Data General Corp.                    0.0085% DGN    NYSE   V
Zurn Industries Inc.                  0.0077% ZRN    NYSE   V
National Intergroup Inc.              0.0070% NII    NYSE   V
SPX Corp.                             0.0067% SPW    NYSE   V
Skyline Corp.                         0.0065% SKY    NYSE   V
M/A-Com Inc.                          0.0063% MAI    NYSE   V
Oshkosh B Gosh Inc. Class A           0.0062% GOSHA  NASDAQ V
Hartmarx Corp.                        0.0061% HMX    NYSE   V
National Education Corp.              0.0052% NEC    NYSE   V
Genesco Inc.                          0.0025% GCO    NYSE   V