Subject: Re: Mercury???

From: "Burt Jurgens" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:14:10 -0800

It appears that some of the main features of Mercury which make it faster
and easier to debug are that it is a strongly-typed language and a compiled
language compared to most versions of Prolog which are interpreted and
untyped. Visual Prolog is also strongly typed and compiled and may interest
those who are seeking these features without changing languages altogether.
It appears that Mercury has other differences too but these are the most
readily apparent. One drawback to both Mercury and Visual Prolog is since
they are compiled languages, you cannot write programs that create new
clauses as they run (i.e. programs that write themselves). In Visual Prolog
you can pass predicates as arguments which is helpful but the limitation can
still be significant for certain types of programs.

Burt Jurgens

----- Original Message -----
From: Barýþ Genç <[email-masked]>
To: SWI Prolog <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2000 3:01 PM
Subject: Mercury???

Dear sir/madam,
I am a student in prolog programming .While I am
searching on the internet to find a compiler.I have
found a language called "mercury". They said that this
is very powerfull than prolog . and it is faster than
prolog.
This is the address where I found it.
 http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/
I wish you can tell me your thoughts about it.

Thanx for all..
----------------------------------------------
Bu mesaj size ITU Web Mail ile gönderilmiþtir.
http://webmail.students.itu.edu.tr

----------------
* To UNSUBSCRIBE, please use the HTML form at

    http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/index.html#mailinglist

or send mail to [email-masked] using the Subject:
"unsubscribe"
(without the quotes) and *no* message body.

** An ARCHIVE of this list is maintained at

    http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/mailinglist/archive/