Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4007: Protection Coordination

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1992 04:25:49 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4007       August 20, 1992
                PROTECTION COORDINATION
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                Protection Coordination
                =======================

Dear IFCSS Members:

    Mr. Hou Junwei, who has provided valuable help to our
protection campaign, just released the newest result of his
research: the bill is still in the House. After reading his
report, the HQ exchanged telephone calls and emails with Mr.
Hou. We evaluated all the information and checked several
references but reached no decisive conclusion. Please stay
calm, however, as our people in charge of the lobby
activities will for sure investigate the situation and make
their reports as soon as possible.

   No matter what the situation is, we will have to
continue our nation-wide supporting activities. In a
democratic society, the fate of a legislative drive is often
determined by the degree of mass mobilization and participation.
The HQ has released its plan for nation-wide coordination.
To fully implement that plan, the HQ needs strong moral and
financial support. In the past several weeks, the HQ has
completed many projects to assist the campaign. But the HQ
has also been under constant pressure and has to overcome
all kinds of difficulties. We hope that it is understood
that the HQ needs a strong support from the general CSS
community, otherwise not only its ability to coordinate
the protection campaign will be severely reduced, it will
also affect the long term development of IFCSS.

   You may show your support by joining the nation-wide
lobby coordinator system, by organizing supporting
activities, or by sending encouragement to the HQ. Donations
are extremely needed. The HQ is not in a good condition
financially. Little money was left from last term. Fund-
raising drive for this term has just started. On the other
hand, the protection campaign has drained the limited
resources. In the last month, the telephone bill alone
was over $1,900. Some HQ staffs have not been payed
in July and August although they have worked day and night
fo the interests of fellow students and scholars. Under
such a difficult yet critical time, we should work
together and support each other.

   The HQ has collected a long list of potential
school and state coordinators. We hope to organize
the list and publish it as soon as possible.

   Thank you for your attention.

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************