Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4016: URGENT! Protection Campaign Needs Help

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 1992 19:29:54 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4016     September 9, 1992
        URGENT! PROTECTION CAMPAIGN NEEDS HELP
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

        Urgent! Protection Campaign Needs Help
        ======================================

     This afternoon, the HQ was contacted by Senator Gordon's
office, (Senator Gordon was the major sponsor of the '92
Protection Bill). We were told that the Senate will likely
consider the House version of the Protection Bill in a week
or so and that Senator Gordon is preparing a speech in
support of the bill.

     Senator Gordon's office requested help from the
IFCSS HQ. To make the speech more persuasive and more
appealling, the office needs "examples of Chinese
students being in disadvantaged situation in terms of
employment, promotion, study, etc. without the bill."
They want cases, stories, personal experiences which
can be used as typical examples in the speech.

     If you can share your experience with us, please
contact the HQ as soon as possible. This should be
done within two days.

     Thanks for your attention.

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************