Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4029: Chinese Protection Bill Passed Senate

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1992 21:16:04 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4029:   September 23, 1992
          1992 CHINESE PROTECTION BILL PASSED SENATE
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

           1992 Chinese Protection Bill Passed Senate
           ==========================================

    At 7:20 pm, this afternoon, the Senate unanimously passed
the 1992 Chinese Protection Bill (S1216). Earlier, Senator
Simpson had agreed not to try to attach his amendment to the
Protection Bill. Therefore, when the bill was considered by
the Senate, it took little time to pass the Senate. The bill
will soon be sent to the White House. As we have reported
earlier, President Bush has never expressed opposition
against the bill.

    Please wait for further instructions as to whether we
should lobby President Bush.

    It is time to send "thank you" letters to members of
the House, to the Senators, to all people who have helped
us in the campaign. 

    It is not the time to make the final celebration, yet.
We still need to watch closely on the development and be
prepared to take actions when situation requires.

    The following truth has been proven again: 

    TOGETHER, WE SHALL SUCCEED!!!

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************