Subject: HQ NR-4057: Implementation of S1216

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1992 17:28:10 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News RElease No. 4057      October 13, 1992
           IMPUT NEEDED ON IMPLEMENTATION OF S1216
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

           Input Needed on Implementation of S1216
           =======================================

     With President Bush putting his signature to S1216,
preliminary implementation work is already under way. Obviously,
INS cannot wait till next June to  work on detailed regulations
regarding the implementation; they have to get prepared. And there
is not much time left for them.

     The IFCSS Committee on Public Relations and Government Affairs
is preparing a report on concerns that our students have about the
implementation of S1216. The report, which shall be submitted to
INS, is expected to be an important source of input for INS
officers. From past experience, particularly the President's
Executive Order, we know that various problems can arise when it
comes to individual cases. This time, IFCSS hopes that all the
major complications can be identified beforehand so that we will be
prepared to discuss with the administration. To help us achieve
this goal, please inform us your specific concerns. An example is
spouses and children who arrived after April 11, 1990; we want to
make sure that they will be covered. You can share your concerns
with us through e-mail, phone or fax.

     Thank you for your attention. 

                         IFCSS Headquarters
                         IFCSS Committee on Public
                         Relations and Government Affairs

***************************************************************
         IFCSS Headquarters Office    Signature
***************************************************************