Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4061: Help a Prisoner of Conscience

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1992 16:23:16 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4061      Octover 29, 1992
                  HELP A PRISONER OF CONSCIENCE
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                  Help A Prisoner of Conscience
             Information Needed about Huang Guisheng

Dear Fellow Students and scholars nationwide:

     An American friend has contacted IFCSS for possible efforts to
rescue Huang Guisheng, a student who participated in the 1989
Democracy Movement and is now believed in prison.

     Huang Guisheng graduated from Zhejiang University and started
work in 1985 at the Institute of New Technology in Geology, Chinese
Academy of Science, Guangzhou. At the time of the 1989 democracy
movement, he was engaged in a research project at Daya Bay.

     Huang Guisheng participated in demonstration both in Guangzhow
and in Beijing and was arrested three times after the "June 4th
Massacre." Later on, he managed to flee with his fiancee to Laos,
where he was granted political asylum by the government of Denmark.
However, before he left Laos for Denmark, he was deceived and
detained by the treacherous Lao government. Despite pressure from
the government of Denmark, the Lao authorities sent him back to
China under heavy guard on June 5th, 1992.

     IFCSS is deeply concerned over the safety of Huang Guisheng.
If any of you know anything about Mr. Huang or his family, please
contact us. With your help we will be able to generate enough
pressure to protect him. Under the current situation, attention
from international community constitutes the best protection for
political prisoners like Huang Guisheng.

     Thank you.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
*                                                                   *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping *
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*                                                                   *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*IFCSS Stands for advancement of human rights and democracy in China*
*IFCSS protects the rights and interests of CSS in U.S. Your support*
*is vital to IFCSS's success. To donate: Please make checks payable *
*to "IFCSS" and send to:                                            *
*                                                                   *
*   "IFCSS, 733 15th St. N.W., Suite 440, Washington D.C., 20005"   *
*                                                                   *
*********************************************************************