Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4068: IFCSS Officers to visit local campuses

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1992 13:53:07 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4068     November 13, 1992
          IFCSS OFFICERS TO VISIT LOCAL CAMPUSES
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

          IFCSS Officers to Visit Local Campuses 
          ======================================

Dear IFCSS Members:

     As part of this term's plan to strengthen the ties between
the HQ and local CSS community, the HQ officers will divide into
two groups to visit several states during the Thanksgiving holiday
period.

     Geng Xiao, President of IFCSS, and Shi Heping, Assistant
to the President and Chairman of Public Relations and Government
Affairs Committee, will attend a reception in the University of
Washington honoring Senator Slade Gorton on November 24. They
also plan to visit several campuses in Washington, Oregon and
probably Idaho and Montana.

     He Baoping, Vice-president, and Zhang Qingsong, Executive
Director, will team up to visit some schools in South Carolina,
Georgia and Florida and probably some other Southeastern states
starting from November 21.

     Their missions are: 

     -- to answer questions about the implementation of S1216
     -- to listen to the views and concerns of the local students
     -- to collect information about the local CSS community
     -- to meet and talk to local CSS leaders
     -- to introduce this term's plans and short-term and long-term
           prospects of IFCSS
     
     IFCSS officers will pay visits to other regions in December
and the first half of 1993.

     During the Thanksgiving holiday period,  the HQ will remain
open and some one will be in  the office to answer telephone.

     Thanks for your attention.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping * 
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
* IFCSS is a non-profit organization and has tax-exempt status. To  *
* donate, please make checks payable to "IFCSS" and send to:        *
*   IFCSS, 733 15th St. N.W., Suite 440, Washington D.C., 20005"    *
*********************************************************************