Subject: IFCSS HQ NR-4070: IFCSS to Allocate Activity Fund to local CSS

From: IFCSS HQ <ifcss>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1992 16:32:12 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4070     November 18, 1992
              IFCSS TO ALLOCATE ACTIVITY FUND
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

              IFCSS to Allocate Activity Fund
              =================================

Dear IFCSS Members:

     With the help of the general CSS community, the IFCSS Health
Insurance Promotion for this term has met our expectations. We
thank all the help and support given to the program. As we have
promised, we will allocate activity fund to local CSS organizations
based on their performances in the promotion of the insurance
program. The fund comes from the administrative fees paid by the
insurance company to IFCSS (IFCSS will distribute 40% of the
administrative fees to local CSS.)

     CSSU at Purdue University is the champion in the first quarter
and will receive $2034.24 activity fees. Four other schools will
receive more than one thousand dollars in activity fees, University
of Florida - $1698.96; Washington State University - $1620.00;
University of Iowa, Iowa City - $1347.36; Mississippi State
University - $1186.20.

     The third term (July 1991-June 1992) left no money to be
distributed to local schools. This term will pay the activity fees
due since July of 1992. We have to wait for extra funds available
to pay the fees owed by the third term.

     Thank you all for your help.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Enclosure One

                  Activities Fees to Local CSS
                              for
               First Quarter (July-September, 1992)

School                           Number Enrolled      Fees

Purdue University                     200             $2034
University of Florida, Gainsville     153             $1698
Washington State University           113             $1620
University of Iowa, Iowa City         129             $1347
Mississippi State University          81              $1186
University of Akron                   89              $966
Virginia Tech                         69              $746
University of Washington, Seattle     61              $720
Florida State University              75              $694
Florida Atlantic University           40              $627
Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill  42              $550
Tulane University                     40              $526
Arizona State University              45              $479
Oregon State University               39              $462
University of Alaska                  31              $458
University of Kentucky, Lexington     33              $376
University of Wisconsin, Madison      27              $338
University of Cincinnati              34              $274
Vanderbilt University                 27              $266
Johns Hopkins University              26              $248
Ohio State University                 26              $246
University of Southern Mississippi    19              $158
University of Pennsylvania            15              $154
Newberry College                      19              $150
University of Virginia                11              $145
University of Southern California     12              $143
Medical College of OH, Toledo         16              $142
University of Tennessee, Knoxville    11              $141
Lehigh University                     12              $138
Northern Arizona University           15              $136
Brandeis University, Watham, MA       12              $134
University of Georgia, Athens         13              $126
Yale University                       10              $118
Stanford University                   12              $116
New Mexico State University           11              $106
Marquette University                  10              $95

*Note:   Because some people pay the premiums in two payment plans,
         the same number of enrollment may result in different
         amounts of  fees.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Enclosure Two

          Rule for Managing Insurance Administration Fee

1.   40% of the administration fee should be allocated to local CSS
     organizations to support local CSS activities.

2.   The activity fees should be deposited into a separate banking
     account.

3.   The HQ should make public announcement on the activity fees in
     every three months. The quarterly report lists only schools
     with 10 or more enrollments. Schools with less than 10
     enrollments should wait until it meets the 10 enrollment
     requirement (accumulative).

4.   The local schools have a three month period to claim the
     activities fees starting from the date of  announcement.
     Unclaimed fees will not be extended into next quarter.
     Unclaimed activity fees go into the following purposes:

5.   Unclaimed fees should be used to pay the debt left from last
     term (third term). The rest will be saved as a special fund
     for next Congress.

6.   An application form must be filed to receive the funds. (see
     attached form).

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Enclosure Three

           Local CSS Activity Fee Application Form

1. Institution: _________________________________________________

2. Name of Organization:
_________________________________________________________________

3. Registered in Your School  Yes __ No __

4. Approximate number of members: ________________

5. Local CSS Email Network: Yes __ No __
   If answered yes, list the address: ___________________________

6. Current President:

Name: _______________________  Telephone __________________ (o)
Fax:  _______________________  Telephone __________________ (h)
Email: ______________________________________________________
Address: ____________________________________________________

7. Vice-President: (or regular contact person)

Name: _______________________  Telephone __________________ (o)
Fax:  _______________________  Telephone __________________ (h)
Email: ______________________________________________________
Address: ____________________________________________________

8. Time of Re-election _______________________

9: Representatives to Previous IFCSS Congresses:

10. Make checks payable to: __________________________________

11. Address send checks to: _________________________________
_____________________________________________________________

12. Signature:

    President _____________________  Treasurer __________________

Documents to accompy application:

A:  You must attach an official letter from your school verifying
    that your organization is a registered organization.

B:  Local CSS directory (preferred but not required).

C:  Local CSS Newsletter (preferred but not required).

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping *
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
* IFCSS is a non-profit organization and has tax-exempt status. To  *
* donate, please make checks payable to "IFCSS" and send to:        *
*   IFCSS, 733 15th St. N.W., Suite 440, Washington D.C., 20005"    *
*********************************************************************