Subject: Help a CSS Family (IFCSS HQ NR-4087)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1993 11:59:28 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4087      January 11, 1993
                    HELP A CSS FAMILY
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                    Help a CSS Family
                    =================

Dear IFCSS Members:

     Please read the enclosed message and give your help to
the Zhang family. The HQ has contacted the leaders of CSSFA at
UIC and offered help. A donation check of $50 from IFCSS will be
mailed to the Pan/Zhang Fund.

---------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------- Forwarding Begins -----------------------------
>From [email-masked] Fri Jan  8 04:57 CST 1993
>To: <[email-masked]>

  CALL FOR DONATION TO MS ZHANG - A CHINESE KILLED IN A ACCIDENT

  As you may all know, Ms. Jingjing Zhang, a 28 years old young
lady and wife of a UIC Chinese student, died on January 3rd after
two-day struggle with the crash injuries in a chain traffic
accident in which about 40 cars crashed near Chicago city on I-90,
the Kennedy Expressway. Ms. Zhang was the only one who died although
dozens of people were injured in this accident on that icy day. However,
this is not the only tragedy for the newly married young couple.
Her husband, Mr. Zikang Pan, 27, a graduate student of EECS Department
of the University of Illinois at Chicago, was also terribly injuried
in this accident and is still in critical condition. This young
couple have been in the United States for two years, and they do not
have any relatives here.

  This miserable accident has shocked us and the Chinese community in
great Chicago area. A lot of things need to be done for this
couple. We are asking you for help. Your contributions will be
used for her funeral service, for having their parents to come and
for sending her remaining back to China. Any amount of your
donation will be appreciated by Zhang's and Pan's family and the
UIC Chinese community.

Please make your check payable to:

PAN/ZHANG FUND

and addressed to:

Credit Union 1, UIC, (M/C 612)
AOB 1737 W. Polk, RM7
Chicago, IL 60612

Fund raising by:

THE CHINESE STUDENTS AND SCHOLARS FRIENDSHIP ASSO. AT UIC

--------------------------- Forwarding Ends -----------------------------

Forwarded by Bo Xiong in Chicago

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*                   The Missions of IFCSS                           *
* Promote freedom, democracy, human rights and rule of law in China *
* Assist the development of  scienece, culture and economy in China *
* Represent the interests of Chinese students and scholars in U.S.A *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub pbs-l last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub pbs-l last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************