Subject: HQ Officer Injury Report (IFCSS HQ NR-4096)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1993 13:39:26 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4096      February 4, 1993
                HQ OFFICER INJURY REPORT
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

                HQ Officer Injury Report
                ========================

      In the morning of January 28, 1992 (Wednesday), two HQ
officers, Vice-President He Baoping and Executive Director
Zhang Qingsong, on their way to the HQ Office, were hit by
a car from behind. Mr. He Baoping had two bones broken and
was hospitalized for three days. He is recovering well. A full
recovery would take 6-8 weeks, according to the doctors. 
Fortunately, the accident would unlikely leave permanent
damages on He Baoping's body.

      Mr. Zhang Qingsong suffered only a sprained muscle on 
the leg. He spent the first day in the hospital accompanying He 
Baoping. On the second day, he was able to walk to the HQ
and worked in the office.

      In the past week, the HQ officers have taken turns to
take care of He Baoping. The most significant help came from
a Chinese student, Mr. Wang Xutong and his family who spent 
several days attending He Baoping.

      In the past week, the HQ has received hundreds of "get
well" messages from email and telephone calls. We are not able
to make individual replies to those messages. We assure you,
however, that all the messages will be passed to He Baoping.

      We are pleased to see that in those "get well" messages,
the CSS across the country have expressed confidence, appreciation,
and overwhelming support for the work this term HQ has done.

      Please be assured that this accident will not affect 
the work of the HQ. We will make necessary adjustments to 
ensure that all projects will be run smoothly and our service
to the general CSS will be continued and improved.

      Thanks.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub pbs-l lastname firstname             *
*    (For signing off)     unsub pbs-l lastname firstname           *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************