Subject: IFCSS-CSPA Information Center (IFCSS HQ NR-4110)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1993 16:40:28 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4110        March 25, 1993
            IFCSS-CSPA INFORMATION CENTER
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

          IFCSS-CSPA* (S1216) Information Center
          ======================================

* CSPA=1992 Chinese Student Protection Act

Dear fellow Chinese students and scholars:

     In order to help CSS better understand the 1992 Chinese
Student Protection Act, be aware of their rights under the Act,
keep informed of the newest development, and be prepared for the
implementation, IFCSS has decided to establish a CSPA Information
Center.

     The Center will provide services in the following areas:

     1. In the six month period between April and September, 1993,
the Center will publish 4-5 issues of CSPA UPDATE (in Chinese)
which will include the text of the Act, explanations, the draft and
the final version of the implementation regulations, questions and
answers on the regulations, analysis of cases, etc. 

     2. Before INS starts to accept applications, the Center will
notify the people on the Center's mailing list and will help
distribute the application forms. (During the meeting with INS
officials on Feb. 19, IFCSS delegates asked if INS has plans to
distribute the information to the general Chinese community. INS
indicated that that was a unsolved problem. IFCSS delegates stated
that IFCSS can help distribute the information. INS officials are
pleased.)

     3. Hire some experienced experts and install special telephone
lines to help the CSS solve any questions that might arise during
the implementation period. (So that IFCSS HQ's normal operations
would not be disrupted)

     4. The Center will help the IFCSS HQ collect responses, cases
and problems. 

     IFCSS's current manpower and resources cannot afford such an
important but demanding project. Therefore, we urgently need all
kinds of, specially financial, support. Without a strong support,
the Center will not be able to provide satisfactory services. If
you endorse this plan and wish to obtain services from the Center,
please call or write to the Center at the address below.

     Thanks for your attention.

******************************************************************
     IFCSS-CSPA INFORMATION CENTER SERVICE APPLICATION FORM

Dear IFCSS:

I wish to receive all the information about the Chinese Student
Protection Act. Please include me in your CSPA Information Center's
mailing list.

Name:(Last)________ (First)__________________ Date of Birth:_______

Social Security Number:__________________  Telephone: _____________

School: _____________________________________ (just for reference)

Visa Status when entering the Country______________________________

No. of Dependents covered by Executive Order_______________________

Mailing address:  _________________________________________________

                  _________________________________________________

Donations (Suggested $50) included                  Yes __  No __
Express Mail for Application Materials ($10 added)  Yes __  No __
(Make checks payable to: IFCSS-CSPA Center)

     Address:        IFCSS-CSPA Information Center
                     733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440
                     Washington, D.C. 20005

     Tel:            (202)783-5077

PLEASE COPY AND DISTRIBUTE!    

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping * 
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub pbs-l firstname lastname             *
*    (For signing off)     unsub pbs-l firstname lastname           *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************