Subject: IFCSS to Meet State Department on Family Reunion Cases (IFCSS HQ NR-4117)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1993 15:02:58 -0500

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4117         April 2, 1993
   IFCSS WILL MEET STATE DEPARTMENT ON FAMILY REUNION CASES
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

    IFCSS will Visit State Department on Family Reunion Cases
    =========================================================

Dear IFCSS Members:

     IFCSS Family Reunion Program was established three years
ago to help the Chinese students and scholars protected under
the Executive Order apply visas for their spouses and children
(parents not included because they are not regarded as close
families according to U.S. immigration laws). In the past
several years, we have helped the reunion of more than 600
CSS families.

     In the past 2 months, the HQ has received several cases
in which spouses and children are denied visas in China. We 
plan to solve these cases before the CSPA goes into 
implementation and before we cease the function of the family
reunion program.

     The HQ officers have scheduled a meeting with State
Department officials on next Tuesday to discuss those cases.
If you are in the following situation and need help, please
fax the documents to the HQ as soon as possible.

     We can help you if you:

     *  are protected by the Executive Order
     *  entered the country legally
     *  have full scholarship or fellowship or have a full time
        salaried job 
     *  spouse and/or children have passports by cannot get visas

     We need the following information to help you:

     *  documents showing your status
     *  documents showing your income
     *  name of your dependents still in China
     *  history of their visa application (include letter of denial
        if available)
     *  your telephone number and address

     Fax them before 12:00 Tuesday April 6 to  (202)-347-0018, to the
attention of Zhang Qingsong.
   
     For more information, call (202)347-0017

     Thank you for your attention.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping * 
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub pbs-l last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub pbs-l last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************