Subject: Scholarship for Students from Mainland China (IFCSS HQ NR-4140)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1993 13:18:50 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4140         June 14, 1993
     HSU SEN FA FELLOWSHIP FOR MAINLAND CHINESE STUDENTS
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

     Hsu Sen Fa Fellowship for Mainland Chinese Students
     ===================================================

--------------------------------------------------------------
Attention:
       The following scholarship is for students in the states
of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania only.
-------------------------------------------------------------- 

      Mr. Hsu Sen Fa Scholarship for Ph.D. Candidates from
mainland China is now accepting applications for the year of
1993.

      Number to be awarded:     several
      Amount to be awarded:     $2,000

      Eligibility:

      -- Mainland Chinese students in NY, NJ, PA.
      -- Ph.D. Candidate working on the dissertation.

      Application:

      1. Detailed application form.
      2. Two recommendation letters from professors.
      3. Letter certifying your Ph.D. candidate status 
      4. Transcript 
      5. Dissertation outline

      If you have been offered or are applying for other scholarships,
please make a note of it. On similar qualifications, this scholarship
will give priority to those who do not have other scholarships.

      Application period:

      Applications are accepted from May 31 to July 31, 1993
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The scholarship will be available in October 1993.

      Send letter to the following address for application forms:

      Mr. Hsu Sen Fa Scholarship
      P.O. Box 589
      Glen Oaks, NY 11004

(Please send requests and questions directly to the Scholarship.
Do not send letter to the IFCSS HQ.)

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub pbs-l last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub pbs-l last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************