Subject: LATEST NEWS ABOUT CSPA (IFCSS HQ NR-4144)

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1993 12:58:45 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters News Release No. 4144         June 17, 1993
         LATEST NEWS ABOUT THE CSPA IMPLEMENTATION
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

         Latest News About the CSPA Implementation
         =========================================

      Early this morning, the IFCSS HQ has received the text
of the draft instructions for the CSPA. This draft is currently
under review at Attorney General's office and the Office
of Management and Budget. Final regulations will be published
soon.

      IFCSS HQ immediately got in touch with INS HQ and was told 
that the draft was still subject to change. Ms. Rita Boie, the
INS officer who prepared the draft, cautioned that CSPA potential
applicants should wait for the publication of the formal
regulations before they send out their applications.

      Detailed information will be released later.

      Please do not call the HQ. We are unable to answer individual
calls. We will keep a close contact with the INS and other 
government offices and the HQ's lines MUST NOT be jammed.

*********************************************************************
*                 IFCSS Headquarters Office                         *
*                 =========================                         *
* President:      Geng Xiao  Assistant to the President: Shi Heping * 
* Vice-President: He Baoping     Executive Director: Zhang Qingsong *
*********************************************************************