Subject: IFCSS HQ Special Report 4011: Task Force for Protection Lobby

From: IFCSS HQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1992 23:38:30 -0400

**************************************************************
IFCSS Headquarters Special Report No. 4011       July 23, 1992
IFCSS President to Organize Task Force for Protection Bill Lobby
**************************************************************
Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
   733 15th Street, N.W., Suite 440, Washington, D.C.20005
         Tel. (202)347-0017  Fax: (202)347-0018
                Email: [email-masked]

IFCSS President to Organize Task Force for Protection Bill Lobby
 ==============================================================

Dear IFCSS Members:

I, the President of IFCSS, is organizing a nationwide Chinese
Students and Scholars (CSS) Protection Bill Lobby Task Force,
according to IFCSS Council Emergency Resolution CR4002 (attached).
An separate special banking account for CSS Protection Bill
Lobby has been set up.

Specific actions are:

1.  The IFCSS HQ, with help from Mr. Ding Jian, has set up an email
    network for all concerned individuals and organizations to
    participate and communicate.  To join the network, please send
    names, school and email addresses to:

    [email-masked]

2.  A nationwide state-coordinator system will be set up.  I will be
    the national coordinator.  A tele-conference will be called
    within one week to formally establish this system.

3.  Sample letters and Talking points for lobby efforts are under
    preparation.

4.  The special banking account for donations has been set up.  All
    donations should be directly sent to: (see note )

      IFCSS CSS-Protection Account
      Independent Federation of Chinese Students and Scholars (IFCSS)
      733 15th Street, N.W.,
      Suite 440,
      Washington, D.C.20005

    All donation money will be saved in this account.  Its management
    board will consist the IFCSS HQ treasurer, the Chair of Council
    Finance Committee and the Chair of the IFCSS Students Affair
    Working Committee.

Dear friends, we have to fight for our own rights.  We have to be united
to help ourselves.  Please join the IFCSS, now.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Sincerely,

Geng, Xiao (signed)
President of IFCSS
July 23, 1992

Note:  I have contacted our atterny in D.C. today.  One of the two IFCSS
       registered status, namely the IFCSS Inc., is eligible for the
       lobby activities, according to Mrs. Jena Cohen Moses, atterny at
       law.  The mentioned account is under this status.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
attached
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                IFCSS Council Resolution CR4002
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Kai Hwang and Jinghong Li / Qi Yenong
7/22/92

        Emergency Resolution on Establishing Task Force
to Coodinate Nationwide Lobby Effort for Chinese Protection Bill

Whereas the 4th Congress passed a resolution providing support to
the 1992 Chinese Student Protection Bill,

Whereas the Chinese Protection Bill is now considered by the US House
Judiciary Committee,

Whereas the HQ is in a transition and the working committees and
personnel arrangements have not been formally established,

Be it resolved,

That the 4th Term IFCSS Headquarters shall immediately call for and
establish a task force to coordinate nation-wide activities to support
the 1992 Protection Bill.  It is further resolved,

That the 4th term IFCSS HQ shall assign a special account to accept
donations for the purpose stated above.  The account shall be managed by
a management board composed of representatives from the Finance
Committee of the Council, the HQ and the Task force.  The said
management board shall be responsible to and report to this Council.

Adopted with unanimous consent

Council Email Conference
July 23, 1992