Subject: HQ NR #7033: National Lobby Day

From: [email-masked] (ifcss)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 95 15:21:42 GMT

Please Help Forward This Post To Your Local Nets - Thank You
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=
HEADQUARTERS NEWSRELEASE * HEADQUARTERS NEWSRELEASE * HEADQUARTERS *
&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^

       *  *  *    N E W S   R E L E A S E   7033   *  *  *
          _________   September 12, 1995  __________

   [[[[[[  [[[[[[[[[[    [[[[[[       [[[[[[[      [[[[[[[
    [[[     [[[        [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[   [[[    [[[    ______
    [[[     [[[       [[[          [[[          [[[
   [[[     [[[[[[[[  [[[            [[[[[        [[[[[
   [[[     [[[       [[[               [[[[[        [[[[[    ______
  [[[     [[[        [[[                  [[[          [[[  ____
  [[[     [[[         [[[    [[[  [[[[   [[[   [[[[   [[[
[[[[[[  [[[[[[         [[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[     [[[[[[[[

&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^&^
IFCSS Foundation, Inc. 733 15th Street, NW  Suite 440 Washington,
     D.C. 20005   Tel: (202) 347-0017      Fax: (202) 347-0018
&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=&=

                   National   Lobby    Day

The National Lobby Day started on September 11 at Rayburn House Office
Building. More than 250 people, attended the events beginning with the
Briefing at 9:00am. Speakers included all key members of the coalition
including Frank Sharry, Cecilia Munoz, Jeanne Butterfield, and Michael
Hill, etc. Participants,  were from over 30 states brought together by
totally 36  organizations including the IFCSS. The House Buildings was 
stired up substantially by flocks of  lobbyists  immediately after the
Briefing, and almost every Judiciary member's  office was "bombarded". 
It was interesting to notice that frequently two to three groups lined 
up  in  a  queue  waiting for appointments at the entrances to several 
influential House members' offices. The lobby was very well organized,
and the  coalition  even  performed  a "play  role"  with Micheal Hill 
(lobbyist)and a House staff, showing participants who came to the Hill 
the first time, how to conduct asmooth appointment  with  Members  and 
their aides.

IFCSS veteran Geng Xiao (President of 4th term IFCSS) was  present  in
the events. CSSA leaders Lu Jianming of Gerogetown Univerity  attended
the  briefing  and  tens  of  signed  letters to Congress members were
distributed among  Judiciary members' offices.  IFCSS president   Xing 
Zheng, jointly with several other groups,  visited the offices of Rep.
Henry J. Hyde (IL), Chair of Judiciary Committee, Rep. Dick Armey (TX),
House Majority leader, and Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (FL),  and  talked
with Mr. Ron Dudas and other staffs.  Business  and employment related
immigration was the focus presented to the Member  staffs by the IFCSS 
colleagues, and to split the bill was the overwhelming tone during the 
Lobby Day on the Hill.

At 1:00 pm in the afternoon, a Press Conference was held with 150 par-
ticipants and reporters, and six speakers  presented  the  Press their 
experience, their value and their concern on the H.R.2202, with topics 
ranging from family value to immigrant successful stories.  Mr.  Marty 
Shih, a new immigrant in southern California impressed the  Conference  
by his touching story how he, as CEO and  Board  Chairman,  founded  a 
corportion he founded five years ago, now  hiring nearly 550 employees 
and doing business of $41 million worth of goods and services in 1994. 
IFCSS colleagues had a pleasant dinner with Mr. Shih in the evening.

National Lobby Day will continue on September 12,  and there will be a 
debriefing at 5:00 pm, to conclude the events.

*********************************************************************
* PBS-L is IFCSS's news distribution list for individuals. To sign  *
* on or off from the list, please send email to [email-masked]  *
* leave the subject line open and put in the mail body:             *
*    (For signing on)      sub PBS-L last name first name           *
*    (For signing off)     unsub PBS-L last name first name         *
* For more information about IFCSS, write to [email-masked]   *
*********************************************************************