From: IN%"[email-masked]" 7-MAY-1994 16:24:48.71
To: IN%"[email-masked]"

Hi, everyone,

As my turn of EM comes to end, my another turn :-), writing
experience, comes.  Compare to EE, EM's work is much less demanding
and less involved (true? -- it depends).  So my experience is rather
simpler.

First, I think the EM has given me much experience of handling mails,
replying messages, and gave me a chance to improve my writing skills.
I still remember the first several days as an EM, when I was so
nervous, always worried how to reply our readers appropriately. You
also probably remembered that I always asked you how to do this or
that. With help from Huang, Yungui, Luo Ning, Changqing, Weihe, Shen
Tong, Yaxin and all others, I can now feel freely to reply to a
reader, confidently, maybe appropriately (?). To you, this point may be
so trivial, but to me, this is the most valuable thing I got from the
EM work. As far as the discussion of CCF is concerned, I didn't have
much time to join the discussion (feel guilty), but, ... I got
something :-).

For CCF editor EM/EE setting, we are going to explore a new way that
in principle all the mails will be replied by EM. I think that is a
good try. During my turn, one of the mistakes I made was sending a
rather cold-faced mail to Chen Ming, totally forgot that Huang had
already replied him. With the new rule, I still would suggest that for
a serious contribution, EM can wait sometime to see if EE want to
reply, since EE knows more as how to use the article and can ask the
reader to modify his/her article. 

One more point, we discussed about the policy of posting surveys but
we still haven't reached an agreement/rule. I would suggest we set
some rule/guild-line for this issue. Otherwise, when such case comes 
again, EM just don't know what to follow.

-- Yang Hong