Subject: Sorry Repost "China IMP/EXP News"

From: [email-masked] (China Link Club)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1993 02:54:22 -0500

C  H  I  N  A       I  M  P  O  R  T / E  X  P  O  R  T      N  E  W  S

Nov. 15, 1993

A   WEEKLY   NEWSLETTER   FROM   CHINA-LINK   CLUB

THE MAILING LIST IS A MODERATED NET. PLEASE SEND YOUR
CONTRIBUTION/ADVERTISEMENT TO:  [email-masked]

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Please send all your e-mail responses to [email-masked], 
but please do define your messages with following automatic sorting 
words in your mail SUBJECT line.
====================================================================
	 DESTINATION                      SUBJECT
                          ****              ***
TO SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBCRIBE:                  SUB or UNSUB
TO CONTRIBUTE / ADVERTISE:                AD or NEWS   
TO JOIN THE CHINA-LINK CLUB:              CLUB
mail your name, postal mailing address, phone, fax, & special contacts.
TO RESPONSE TRADE LEADS:                  TRADE

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

NOTES:     

*   Starting this issue, we are going to publish some basic 
    import/export regulations for your references.

**  In order to let the readers to access the trade contacts,
    we arranged a special automatic fax-on-demand system.

*** This issue is a free trial for everyone, however we need 
    China-Link mebership for the future usage.
   
    How to use the FAX-ON-DEMAND SYSTEM;

1)  Dial  (317) 743-5299 from your fax machine. 
    (If you are dialling internationally, 
     you need to add country code (USA) at front)
2)  Input 2 to select " to retrieve infromation by faxes"
3)  Enter and confirm your fax number when requested, 
    please add # sign after your fax number
    to enter it into the system. 
(i.e. if your fax No. is (123)-456-7890, please dial 1234567890# )
4)  Enter the document number.
5)  Press start key on your fax machine to receive the faxed trade contacts.

We store only most current 4 issues in the system.
Please save your money and our system by not abusing it.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
NOTE: The contact name and fax numbers are availabe in our
       free trial fax-on-demand system.
       Please call in with a fax machine to retrive document #2.

I) Trade Opportunities
 
B U Y   $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#B9311151

Description:
	  
                     BEER

Comments:

PRODUCT DATA

A. DETAILED PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:  Beer made in China 
B. PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS/TECHNICAL DATA: N/A
C. QUANTITY: Long term relationship.
D. U.S. DOLLAR VALUE: NONE
E. PURCHASE NEEDED BY: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
F. OTHER INFORMATION: 
Your will get paid by providing us the good sources in China.

RESPONSE DATA

A. RESPONSE LANGUAGE: ENGLISH 
B. BEST WAY TO RESPOND: e-mail
C. FROM MANUFACTURERS ONLY: No
D. INFORMATION DESIRED FROM U.S. FIRM: QUOTATION,
   TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS.
E. PRIMARY BUYING FACTOR: QUALITY, PRICE, AND DELIVERY
   TIME
F. OTHER INFORMATION: NONE

*********************************************************
#B9311152

Description:
	 Bicycles
Comments:

PRODUCT DATA

A.  DETAILED PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:  
             Montain Bikes & School Bikes Made in China
B.  PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS/TECHNICAL DATA: 
C.  QUANTITY:  Long Term
D.  U.S. DOLLAR VALUE: N/A
E.  PURCHASE NEEDED BY: SPRING OF 1994
F.  OTHER INFORMATION:  TERM OF PAYMENT: L/C
    TERM OF SHIPMENT: SHIP TO CHICAGO

RESPONSE DATA

A.  RESPONSE LANGUAGE: CHINESE AND ENGLISH
B.  BEST WAY TO RESPOND: BY E-MAIL
C.  FROM MANUFACTURERS ONLY: N
D.  INFORMATION DESIRED FROM U.S. FIRM: 1) SUPPLIER'S
    CONTACT INFORMATION;  2) TECHNICAL
    DATA OF THE BIKES;  3) QUOTATION (INCLUDING
    SHIPPING & INSURANCE)
E.  PRIMARY BUYING FACTOR: THE QUALITY AND THE PRICE
F.  OTHER INFORMATION:  NONE

******************************************************
#B9311083

Description:

	STEEL - FLAT ROLLED COIL   

Comments:

PRODUCT DATA

A. DETAILED PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:  HOT ROLLED BANDS (BLACK)
 - EXCESS/SECONDARY OK   ASTM A569, ASTM A570, ASTM A607                             
   16 GUAGE THROUGH 1/4 GUAGE        
C. QUANTITY:  NEED ABOUT 3000 TONS PER MONTH 
D. U.S. DOLLAR VALUE:  N/A
E. PURCHASE NEEDED BY: WITHIN ONE MONTH
F. OTHER INFORMATION: PLEASE QUOTE FOB ALABAMA PORT

RESPONSE DATA

A. RESPONSE LANGUAGE:   ENGLISH
B. BEST WAY TO RESPOND: BY E-MAIL
C. FROM MANUFACTURERS:  MANUFACTURERS OR DEALERS
D. INFORMATION DESIRED FROM U.S. FIRM: PRICE AND QUALITY
E. PRIMARY BUYING FACTOR: GOOD QUALITY WITH REASONABLE
   PRICE
F. OTHER INFORMATION:  

********************************************************

S E L L  %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

#S9311151
 
Description:
            Animal  Blood  (Imported from China)

We can provide large amount of different animal blood including
 rabbit, horse, sheep etc.
Blood is the good sources fro producing varies medical products.

Also we accept customer's request in producing antibodies.

*******************************************************************

#S9311152

Description:
                           Computer  Shareware Disks

4000 defferent IBM- compatiable computer sharewares 
at $ 1 per disk plus $ 1 for shipping.

Redistributors will be allotted $0.50 per disk sold in his/her areas.

If  you think you are interested, please send your mailling address
 to [email-masked].
OR Fax your address to 317-743-5299 attention: Sharewres

**********************************************************************

#S9311153

Description:    SILK & POLY TIES    

100% pure Silk ties  $3.25 US each ,  quantity available    2,000 dozen                           
                                                            
fashion Poly ties    $1.75 US each ,  abstract & animal prints                                    
quantity available    5,000 dozen                           

These are excellent quality men's fashion ties. FOB New York
City. Act fast on these.  Limited quantity.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I I )  HOW TO SERIALS: 
 
Sepcial " How to "  Reports:  DOING BUSINESS IN CHINA

Serials :   I )  Chinese Trade Regulations

Customs Tariffs.--Chinese customs tariffs on imports are
divided into two categories: a general tariff rate and, for
countries with which China has concluded trade treaties or
reciprocal favorable tariff treatment agreements, a minimum
tariff rate.  Imports from the United States, which has a trade
agreement with China and extends most-favored-nation status to
China, are assessed customs duties at the lower rate.  China
also levies customs tariffs on certain exports.  For current
import and export tariff rates, consult The Official Chinese
Customs Guide, published by the General Administration of
Customs of the People's Republic of China and available in
English translation.

Within certain limits, materials and equipment imported by
foreign companies or foreign-invested joint ventures to
manufacture export goods or high-technology products, office
equipment and supplies imported by registered representative
offices of foreign companies, and the personal effects of
foreigners resident in China for business purposes are exempt
from customs duties.  Customs authorities should be consulted
prior to importing such items about the procedures for applying
for exemption, current information on what items may be
imported duty free, and any local variation of national
regulations.  Short-term visitors may carry in items for their
personal use duty free, but may be required to declare certain
items upon entry and should be prepared to prove these items
are in their possession upon leaving China.

Advertising samples and samples supplied for analysis and
testing or exchanged in accordance with an intergovernmental
agreement on scientific and technological cooperation may be
imported to or exported from China duty free and are exempt
from the consolidated industrial and commercial tax (discussed
below) if they are less than RMB Y500 in value.  Above a value
of RMB Y500, such samples may require an import or export
license unless they are supplied free of charge, exchanged, or
are imported or exported by a Chinese foreign trade corporation
licensed to deal in the products which the sample represents.

Items imported into China for exhibitions and trade shows are
exempt from customs duties if they are reexported within
3 months (or longer, with permission from PRC Customs).  PRC
Customs will examine all materials used for exhibit and
distribution at a show upon entry into China.  The exhibition
organizer customarily handles these formalities for
exhibitors.  Exhibition items sold or otherwise left in China
are subject to customs formalities.

Chinese customs regulations provide for suspension of duties on
imported goods stored in bonded warehouses.  Goods may remain
in bond for 1 year, and application may be made to extend this
period by 1 year, at the end of which the goods must be
reexported or licensed for import, and import duties paid.  PRC
Customs' address is:

       General Administration of Customs of the PRC
       4 Taipingqiao Dajie
       Beijing, People's Republic of China
       Tel.: 601-115, ext. 60, 433
       Tlx.: 20071 CGAC CN

Import Regulatory Tax.--This tax is levied in addition to
customs tariffs on a range of items including numerous consumer
goods, vehicles, and synthetic fibers.  Since the purpose of
the import regulatory tax is to discourage demand for the
import, the would-be supplier should consider the effect of
this tax, if applicable, when researching the Chinese market
for a product.

Export Tariffs.--As of February 1988, export tariffs are levied
on the following commodities: eel fry, prawns, chestnuts, raw
lacquer, tungsten ore, sheep skins, antimony, bone meal, and
nickel.

Import and Export Licenses.--In addition to taxes and tariffs,
the Chinese Government uses direct administrative measures to
control trade.  Licenses may be required to import a particular
commodity into China, or the licensing requirement may vary for
a given commodity, depending on the organization importing it.
Licensing regulations also vary over time.  The licensing
authority may be the central government's Ministry of Foreign
Economic Relations and Trade, its representative offices in the
major economic regions of China, or provincial trade bureaus.

Certain imports require certificates of approval from the
government ministry in charge of the domestic industry which
manufactures the product to be imported.  Most recently, the
Ministry of Machinery and Electronics Industry has had the
right to approve imports of automobiles, and the Ministry of
Chemical Industry must certify agrochemical imports.  The
purpose of such measures is to control the importation of goods
which are being produced domestically.

U.S. importers from China should also be aware of China's
export licensing requirements, which currently apply to some
200 items.  A three-tiered system of export commodity
classification is being introduced in 1988, assigning export
rights to the national foreign trade corporations, to foreign
trade enterprises at the provincial and local level, and to
authorized enterprises, factories, and factory groups,
depending on the commodity.

While it is the Chinese importer or exporter who must comply,
these regulations will affect the supply of and demand for
export and import commodities.  It is useful to ascertain at an
early stage of negotiations that the potential buyer or seller
is authorized to deal in the commodity in question and has the
necessary licenses.

Import and Export Commodity Inspection.--Chinese law makes all
import and export commodities subject to inspection.
(Noncommercial imports and exports -- aid materials, gifts,
and samples -- are exempt from inspection.)  The State
Administration of Import and Export Commodity Inspection
(SAIECI) issues a list of commodities for which inspection is
mandatory.  Applicable standards are those specified in the
contract of sale for quality, weight, quantity, packing,
sampling, and inspection methods.  If these are not defined in
the contract, Chinese law calls for applying the relevant
standards of the producing country, international standards, or
Chinese standards.  Contractual standards may not be less than
any applicable Chinese national standards.

The provincial-level Commodity Inspection Bureau or a branch of
the China Commodity Inspection Corporation is the authorized
agency which conducts most inspections.  This inspection
authority checks all incoming shipments of listed commodities
for damage and certifies that the goods meet quantity and
quality specifications in the contract.  It also certifies the
condition of cargoes during warehousing, transporting, loading,
and discharge at delivery, and assesses loss from fire,
pilferage, and robbery.

Foreign inspection agencies are not permitted to operate in
China.  Foreign businesses may commission the services of the
China National Import and Export Commodities Inspection
Corporation (CIECIC), which acts as an independent notary and
issues documentation legally valid for customs, account
settlement, dispute resolution, and letter-of-credit purposes.
CIECIC also issues certificates of origin and of value.  To
apply for inspection by CIECIC, a foreign businessperson should
state his or her requirements and terms in a letter or telegram
to CIECIC, and submit copies of the contract, letter of credit,
invoice, bill of lading, packing list, and inspection
standards.  CIECIC's address is:

       China National Import and Export Commodities Inspection
       Corporation
       2 Dong Changan Street
       Beijing, People's Republic of China
       Tel.: 500-3344
       Cable: Chinspect Beijing
       Tlx.: 22168 MFTPK CN

SAIECI has established relationships with foreign notary
organizations, among them the American International Group, and
recognizes inspections of commodities conducted by these bodies
prior to shipment to China.  SAIECI's address is:

       State Administration of  Commodity Inspection
       Building 12, Jianguomenwai
       Beijing, People's Republic of China
       Tel.: 500-2387
       Cable: 7526 Beijing
       Tlx.: 210076 SACI CN

(TO BE CONTINUED)

++++++++++++++++++E N D +++++++++++++++++++E N D +++++++++++++++