Re: relocation expenses

I don't know what others experiences are with moving expenses, but 3 1/2 years
ago when I moved from Denver to Corvallis, Oregon, Oregon State University
picked up the tab for moving my furniture and personal belongings (which I
packed myself to save money) and they squeezed by at $2000.  I paid my own
travel expenses, such as motel rooms, gas and meals.  I thought it was a rather
fair deal.  However, if OSU would not have moved my "stuff" for me, I would
STILL probably be trying to figure out a way to afford to get it here; or it
would simply have been abandoned.  I don't have a spare $2000 laying around to
pay to get the stuff moved, and I am not physically able (fat and over 50) to
load it all in a U-Haul and drive it here.

Personally, I think they got a bargain, but then that sounds like bragging.  :-)

Just my two cents worth.

Janet Wendt
Janet M. Wendt, C.A.
Staff Archivist