Catherine Anpher

Dear Listmembers:

I am posting this query from a researcher not on this list.  Please
respond to him directly.  I already checked RLIN and will be pursuing
genealogy sources here in New Jersey.

Thanks!
Fernanda Perrone
Perhaps you can suggest some research resources to help with the
following:

> I'm looking for information on Catherine A. Anpher.  She was a U.S.
Deputy
> Marshal in Nome, Alaska, from 1916 to 1921 and also an amateur
photographer of
> some ability. In 1920 she took photos of the New York to Nome "Alaska
Flying
> Expedition" and some of the photos were subsequently published in
National
> Geographic.  She disappears from
> Alaska records after 1921.
>
> I have found a Catherine A. Anpher, b. Mar 4 1882 (place of birth
unknown), d.
> May 1972 in Essex, NJ, in the Social Security Death Index.  Can you
suggest
> any sources that might help me to establish if the Nome and New Jersey

> Catherine A. Anphers were the same individual?  Also, if there may be
any
> memoirs or collections of personal papers and photos from Catherine A.
Anpher

--
Fernanda Helen Perrone
Project Archivist