FM-201 fire suppression for archives

We are in the process of outfitting a room for our primary archives storage
and I am interested in thoughts other archivists have on fire suppression
systems for archival materials.  Our room was formerly equipped with Halon,
although I'm told that this is no longer in use in the building.  Our head
of Facilities here has suggested FM-201 as a substitute for Halon.  Has
anyone had experience with this type of system?  I have heard little to
nothing about it, and tend to be distrustful of gas systems in general
because of their reputed slow response time and potential health hazards.
Does anyone know if it is possible to replace a Halon system with a
sprinkler system without having to install all new piping, etc.?  All the
latest readings I've found on archives fire suppression systems actually
recommend wet pipe sprinkler systems as the best for archives (I gather
because they put out the fire quickly, the assumption being that wet papers
can be recovered and burned papers can not.)  Any thoughts?