Re: Is Christ declared to be God in Rom. 9:5!

Jonathan Robie (jwrobie@mindspring.com)
Fri, 06 Dec 1996 14:39:38 -0500

At 02:09 PM 12/6/96 EST, Craig Abernethy wrote:
>Alan Rupark wrote:
>
>>I believe that Bruce Metzger is a trinitarian and if he is
>>able to consider evidence objectively in an instance like this
>>I feel that it is to his credit.
>>
> Of all people, Jehovah's Witnesses like Alan and Lars (whose function on
>this list is one of proselytizing) are in absolutely NO position to
>comment on anyone else's objectivity. The largely fictional renderings of
>the "New World" "Translation" (sic) bear that out. Bruce Metzger is a giant
>in New Testament scholarship.

Oh, please. Let's get this straight: I am objective, and you are biased
because you have this position or that position. And you are in NO position
to comment on MY objectivity, whoever you are and whoever I am. I'll call
you names, and you can call me names, and someone else can jump in and call
us both names, and then I can question your motivation, and you can question
mine, and we'll all have lots of fun and learn a great deal in the process.

Now we can argue this back and forth for 5 weeks and 70 messages, or we can
just agree to go back to discussing the Greek text, which is what this list
is supposed to be about.

If we focus on the text, then *everybody* is forced to try to learn from the
text, and *nobody* has the right to proseletize for their position unless
they can show it in the text. The Bible can speak for itself.

So let's get back to the text, please...

Jonathan

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email: jwrobie@mindspring.com, jonathan@poet.com