Re: Adjectives for Adverbs

Jonathan Robie (
Mon, 30 Dec 1996 15:08:34 -0500

At 12:02 PM 12/30/96 MST, wrote:

>>Thanks for your comprehensive response, not overly much at all. I find it
>somewhat of a mild irritation having to re-learn advanced English Grammar
>progressing onward into advanced Greek Grammar. It then causes me to wish
I had
>paid better attention to my monotone English instructors years ago while in
>school. In fact, the biggest challenge by far that I've had learning Greek
>the past decade is re-learning English Grammar. A necessary irritation I've
>found. Is anyone aware of an "Advanced English" newgroup that might be useful?

There *is* (alt.usage.english), but you might be better off with this FAQ:

Do be careful about transferring English grammatical terms directly -- I
suspect that Greek grammars sometimes use these terms differently.

Jonathan Robie
Ph: 919.598.5728 Fax: 919.598.6728
email:, <--- shockwave enabled!