[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

camels and needles

On the matter of camels and the eyes of needles--I wrote an article about
this the similar passage in Mark (which has the same difficulties, but some
extra information Matthew omitted) for a local educator's journal. It was a
special Christmas edition on the general topic of giving.

I examine several Greek words, especially -dyskolon- (used in all three
gospel accounts, and nowhere else in the New Testament) but also a few other
words--  -stugnasas-, -lupoumenoj-, -eukopwteron-. The character of camels also enters into the picture, though my knowledge of camels is at best 3rd or 4th
hand.

I do not have access to a scanner to distribute the article on the netword, but
I could xerox the two pages and send it by surface mail to a few who may be
interested.

Richard F. Wevers        (616) 957-6294
Dept. of Classics
Calvin College           weve@ursa.calvin.edu