Univ of Virginia (804) 982-3718 wrk INTERNET: djm5g@virginia.edu
Box 512 Med Cntr (804) 924-5261 msg   BITNET: djm5g@virginia
C'ville VA 22908 (804) 296-7209 fax   IBM US: usuvarg8
*** Forwarding note from SMTP    --DMT03    02/10/94 15:30 ***
Sender: Jeff.Simmonds@vuw.ac.nz
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 09:29:40 +1300
From: Jeff.Simmonds@vuw.ac.nz
To: NT-GREEK-REQUEST@virginia.edu
Subject: NT expasnsion or reduction?

In regard to the (rather strange) suggestion that the canon of the NT should be
expanded - it seems to me that scholarship moves in the other direction -
RUCING the canon by rejecting the historicity of parts of the Gospels
or of books (for example, concluding that the Gospel of John is not
historical). In the same way, some scholars suggest that Paul did not write
certain books traditionally attributed to him.