Re: Disambiguation?

On Wed, 11 May 1994, KENNETH D. LITWAK wrote:

> today is, I think, the first day I have seen the word
> "disambiguation" (though it's probably on the GRE someplace), and am
> not at all sure what it means (I could hazard a guess, but...)

How hard could it be to hazard a guess on this one?? :)  Actually,
"disambiguation" is a very useful word (and not all that ambiguous) that
gets quite a bit of play in logic and critical thinking.  It is, in fact,
one of the most important preliminary phases of argumentation.  If more
people made it a part of their initial steps in trying to get a point
across it would really cut down on misunderstandings and feverish

But I am absolutely positive that I have now ventured into territory that
is completely off the subject, and in no justifiable under the stated
purpose of this mailing list, so I'll stop!

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."
--Groucho Marx

Prof. James F. Sennett
Asst. Professor of Philosophy         sennett@goliath.pbac.edu
Palm Beach Atlantic College                    andretg@aol.com
PO Box 24708                             voice: (407) 835-4431
West Palm Beach, FL  33416-4708            fax: (407) 835-4342